iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   2016 Anthem - radiator/coolant capacity (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/2016-anthem-radiator-coolant-capacity-433052.html)

patallee 03-03-2019 01:14 PM

2016 Anthem - radiator/coolant capacity

Iíve been stationary for a week. Upon our arrival, I noticed radiator fluid dripping from rear corner of radiator. Already knowing about the potential for radiator issues (Spartan changed them up in 11/16 as I recall), I called Spartan and have an appointment with service center on Tuesday.
My question is what is the radiator tankís fluid capacity? I cannot see any fluid via the window and donít know if I need 1 gallon or 5 to drive about 25 miles.

Hayman 03-03-2019 01:20 PM

I don't recall the total gallons of the system but when our 16 radiator leaked over the course of 6-8 weeks before replacement I used less then 1 1/2 gallons to keep fluid in the site glass. The normal nature of these radiators when they fail is to leak after cooling down not while running and hot.

Jolar01 03-03-2019 01:35 PM

2016 Anthem - radiator/coolant capacity

If after you drive, if you will release the pressure in the radiator by losing the cap then retightening afterwards it most likely will not continue to leak as bad. Be careful of pressure in radiator, let cool for at least 15 minutes. Be sure to carry at least a gallon or two of antifreeze. From most accounts and personal experience they donít leak while running just after you stop. I know sounds stupid. I have 2016 that has started leaking also, have traveled 1,000 miles or so using this method. When stopped itís a constant drip drip. After pressure released it will stop and not leak at all. While driving watch temperature and if you get an engine warning code it will be most likely be low coolant, code is 11? Can not remember the actual code had to call Spartan. We are going to Charlotte in May to get it replaced. Back to original question after low coolant alarm it took about a gallon to get to sight glass. You can add distilled water in pinch.
Larry

brobox 03-03-2019 02:01 PM

The capacity is 17 gallons, but that takes in the engine, heat lines etc. I made it back from CA with a leaking radiator using less than a gallon. Extended Life is available at most Walmarts and NAPA. The last I purchased at NAPA was less that Walmart.

For 25 miles, dip the tank and see if it registers on a stick, tape measure, etc. If it does, driving it 25 miles will be fine.

sweetandsour 03-03-2019 03:21 PM

Just had my radiator replaced a couple of weeks ago. Invoice said it took 12 gallon of Final Charge to refill.

Flanz 03-03-2019 04:54 PM

Had our radiator replaced one year ago almost to the day at Cummins of Ocala and the fluid replaced was 12 gallons. Havenít had to add anything over the year since done......Weíre keeping our fingers crossed. Will be in Charlotte for our three year chassis check up in April. Hoping that things stay this way.

Thor 37GT 08-22-2019 01:59 PM

House Battery Change

Im getting ready to change my house batteries to AMG Fullriver. Do I need to change anything on my magnum controller?

Gary.Jones 08-24-2019 06:06 AM

:offtopic: .. :D

Yes, if you switch from flooded to AGMs, them you need to change your inverter settings on the Magnum controllers to AGM-2, is my memory. Don, 757Driver will come on here and confirm, but my memory is that you use AGM2 setting. I will PM him as he wont find your question under this thread.

The change to AGMs is a good move.

Gary

ronlin11 08-25-2019 01:08 AM

When mine started leaking it would leak more when cold so driving it (if the same Spartan leak) should not be a problem. Where you describe the leak, it sounds like the standard Spartan problem.