iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Rexhall RV Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f283/)
-   -   Black water tank problem (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f283/black-water-tank-problem-442282.html)

loco1 05-05-2019 12:42 PM

Black water tank problem

We have to do a lot of boondocking at Rallies. Everything in the RV except the Kitchen sink seems to go to the black water tank. Kitchen is the only thing going to the grey. When we are at rallies we need to shower virtually every day. With two or three of us the black water is full in day or two, even with very short showers, wet down soap up rinse off. Do all Rexhalls have everything going to the black water tank? Can this be changed and how hard would it be?

TonyMac 05-07-2019 01:16 PM

Do you let the gray water go while boondocking at these rallies? If not, open both valves and have one big tank instead of two little ones. Get one of these Valterra Twist On Waste Valves from WalMart:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...iABEgLfEPD_BwE

TonyMac 05-07-2019 01:19 PM

BTW, back in the olden days we had only one waste tank, sooo....

loco1 05-08-2019 06:27 AM

Twist valve

Thanks, I may try the twist on valve. Many other things have improved since the old days.

checkedout 05-10-2019 05:33 PM

That's strange. Only thing going to my black tank is DA poo. Sinks and shower go to grey.
Have you traced out your pipe to see how and where every thing goes?

loco1 05-16-2019 10:35 PM

Can't see much underneath the unit, looking thru the little access portal at the front of the shower the pipe rom the sink and the one from the shower go strait down almost beside each other.
When you run water in the shower or sink the grey water tank stays dry, run water in the kitchen sink and you get water in the grey tank. Why it is plumbed that way is beyond me!

bigchick 05-17-2019 08:16 AM

what make / model / floorplan do you have? the toilet, sink, and shower all originate in the bathroom. the kitchen sink originates in the kitchen. how far apart are the bathroom and the kitchen? suppose they were at complete opposite ends. under that condition i could understand why they would be plumbed the way they are. what would better is to have a second grey tank to accept the shower, bathroom sink.

loco1 06-15-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchick (Post 4777194)
what make / model / floorplan do you have? the toilet, sink, and shower all originate in the bathroom. the kitchen sink originates in the kitchen. how far apart are the bathroom and the kitchen? suppose they were at complete opposite ends. under that condition i could understand why they would be plumbed the way they are. what would better is to have a second grey tank to accept the shower, bathroom sink.

I agree but putting that in is above my paygrade...LOL
I just wish the shower had been plumbed to the gray tank in the first place.

Craig1960 06-15-2019 02:03 PM

Like bigchick asked what m/h do you have? My Rehall has 2 grey and one black tank.

loco1 06-15-2019 06:32 PM

Mine is a 2001 Rose Air on the ford Chassis with a V10. Kitchen sink is at the side door up front the bath room is between the kitchen/living room and the bedroom. it is the 33ft model, I hope that helps.

Craig1960 06-15-2019 07:07 PM

You should have at least two tanks. Sounds like something is not right with your set up.

loco1 06-16-2019 07:16 AM

I have two tanks, my problem is that everything accept the kitchen goes in the black water and fills it right up in just a couple days.

Craig1960 06-16-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loco1 (Post 4821418)
I have two tanks, my problem is that everything accept the kitchen goes in the black water and fills it right up in just a couple days.

I don't think it came from the factory like that, so you might want to get under the m/h and see what might have been changed the see if you can put it back.

TonyMac 06-16-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig1960 (Post 4821473)
I don't think it came from the factory like that, so you might want to get under the m/h and see what might have been changed the see if you can put it back.

I have absolutely no problem believing it came from the factory like that. It saved the morons building these things 39 cents in parts and 15 dollars in labor to not run a line from the bath to the gray tank. I see all sorts of unprofessional things is every rig I have ever looked at, in every price point. The highest end coaches are assembled with all the professionalism one would expect from poop-throwing orangutans, no offense to the orangutans.