iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   2016 Allegro Red (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/2016-allegro-red-442896.html)

GoRed 05-09-2019 04:29 PM

2016 Allegro Red

My question is my refrigerator power. My refrigerator stays cold and lights and LED gauges work when hooked to 110, 50 AMP or when traveling with the generator running but when I stop anywhere and shut down the coach and generator my fridge loses all power. Shouldnít the fridge draw off the batteries until everything is started back up or until plugged back into electric? When going down the road it has no power unless I run the generator. It never had this problem before that I can remember. I checked the pop fuses on the outside of the coach and the closet in bedroom and nothing seems amiss. What am I missing?
Thank you!

vsheetz 05-09-2019 04:40 PM

Yes, the inverter should power your residential refrigerator from the batterkes. Is the inverter turned on? What is the Magnum inverter control panel reporting?

Hey_Joe 05-09-2019 08:30 PM

What he said :D

GoRed 05-09-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsheetz (Post 4765869)
Yes, the inverter should power your residential refrigerator from the batterkes. Is the inverter turned on? What is the Magnum inverter control panel reporting?

I found no button or breaker on the inverter to check. Would this gauge be on the LED panel to my left when stepping inside the Coach? There is a 12V button. Does this need to be on?

Lt Dan 05-09-2019 09:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRed (Post 4766244)
I found no button or breaker on the inverter to check. Would this gauge be on the LED panel to my left when stepping inside the Coach? There is a 12V button. Does this need to be on?

First off, Welcome to IRV2!

That switch is your main 12v disconnect for all of the house 12v equipment and it does need to be turned on. You will have a Magnum remote control panel, probably above the driver's seat or at least it was in our '15 RED. There are two buttons on it and two LEDS. One turns the charger on/off to charge the batteries. The other turns the inverter on/off to convert battery power to 120v for the fridge, TVs and some house outlets. Make sure you turn the inverter off if you are putting the coach in storage as it will drain the batteries in a short time. Here is the owner's manual for the one that was in our RED and what the panel looks like.

justinpirie 05-09-2019 11:59 PM

Are you getting 110v anywhere else in the coach when the generator is off and youíre not plugged in? If not then make sure your Magnum inverter has 12v power. Mine has manual disconnects. If it has power but isnít inverting, you can try pressing the inverter button on the ARC pictured above. Is the ARC on when itís just on batteries?

GoRed 05-10-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt Dan (Post 4766372)
First off, Welcome to IRV2!

That switch is your main 12v disconnect for all of the house 12v equipment and it does need to be turned on. You will have a Magnum remote control panel, probably above the driver's seat or at least it was in our '15 RED. There are two buttons on it and two LEDS. One turns the charger on/off to charge the batteries. The other turns the inverter on/off to convert battery power to 120v for the fridge, TVs and some house outlets. Make sure you turn the inverter off if you are putting the coach in storage as it will drain the batteries in a short time. Here is the owner's manual for the one that was in our RED and what the panel looks like.

Thank you for your response. I donít worry about battery discharge when Coach is in storage because I keep it plugged into a 15 amp outlet. Yes, I do have the exact Magnum inverter gauge in overhead above driver seat because I check my votes when I plug it in and it stays consistent around 13.2 to 13.5 v when stored. I will check tomorrow to confirm that it says inverter on.