iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   1998 Jamboree Searcher House Battery (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/1998-jamboree-searcher-house-battery-453265.html)

Sherpaboy 07-18-2019 10:03 PM

1998 Jamboree Searcher House Battery
 
4 Attachment(s)
I have a problem going on with my isolater and house battery charging system.
The pictures show a wire that is burnt and where that connects to the isolater system. My questions are :

Is that just a wire or is there something there where it is burnt?
Where does that wire go and what does it do?
Where can I find a wiring diagram for a 1998 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher?

Thanks,

Frank.

Skip426 07-21-2019 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to iRV2 :flowers:

Sorry your first post is about problems .

I have to ask ; because I can tell from your pictures ; past the damage is the wire the same purple color ?

From what I can see it appears that the damaged area is a soldered joint to extend the wire , and perhaps not a 100% good connection that overheated to burn of any tape insulation .
Can you test the wire to see when it's live ?

EDIT: A second thought ... I always have them . I believe that one of this style crimp connectors with shrink insulation was in use and over time the poor connection overheated and the insulation melted off.
Partially because the eyelet connection on the purple wire at the relay stud appears to be of the same type .

twinboat 07-21-2019 05:16 AM

That melted thing may have been a diode. Its there to prevent the boost button from back feeding the whole ignition system.

A diode works as a one way, electric check valve.

Sherpaboy 07-23-2019 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=Skip426;4874038]Welcome to iRV2 :flowers:

Sorry your first post is about problems .

I have to ask ; because I can tell from your pictures ; past the damage is the wire the same purple color ?
<<<<<< Yes it is, I don't know where it goes but it does not go to where all the wires for the "house" wires are under the dining seat. >>>>>>>

From what I can see it appears that the damaged area is a soldered joint to extend the wire , and perhaps not a 100% good connection that overheated to burn of any tape insulation .
Can you test the wire to see when it's live ?

Thanks for responding.
The wire is live 13.5 vols while the motor is running, while the motor is not running it the meter reads - .83 volts. There is not a house battery hooked up right now.
There is a Diode on the purple wire as mentioned in Twinboat's response. The diode looks intact and the wire is not all burnt up just the insulation. it reads 13ish while the engine is running on both sides of the diode.>>>


Both large terminals in the isolator measure 13.5 volts while the engine is running. While it is not running one reads 11.8 and the one that would go to the house battery reads about 6 volts. It has two battery size cables to it.

Sherpaboy 07-23-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinboat (Post 4874088)
That melted thing may have been a diode. Its there to prevent the boost button from back feeding the whole ignition system.

A diode works as a one way, electric check valve.

Thanks for responding You are correct there is a diode there. The wire and the diode are intact, just the insulation is burned up. You can even see the ring on the diode. Any thoughts on what size Diode?

There is not a house battery hooked up right now.


Both large terminals on the isolator measure 13.5 volts while the engine is running. While it is not running one reads 11.8 and the one that would go to the house battery reads about 6 volts. It has two battery size cables to it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.