iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Slideout Drop down TV & Lift-It Reinstall (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/slideout-drop-down-tv-and-lift-it-reinstall-455313.html)

dverstra 08-02-2019 05:10 AM

Slideout Drop down TV & Lift-It Reinstall

4 Attachment(s)
When I purchased my 2007 HR Navigator 2 years ago, the slideout TV mechanism was in pieces in the basement. Since I had a long list of more important issues, it had to wait. Here are some pics of what I started with.

dverstra 08-02-2019 05:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics in the main cabin behind the couch. As mentioned in a different post, I had to slip a screwdriver under the Corian top to discover where the cabinet catch was. I then rotated the screwdriver to lift the Corian. I discovered another piece to the puzzle. The black metal plate, that I needed to seal off the opening when the TV is in the stored position, was duct taped to the opening in the botton of the cabinet.

dverstra 08-02-2019 06:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I took all the pieces and parts down to my basement workshop. First, I needed to make sure the motor worked. If it didn't work, it would be an expensive project. I plugged it into the wall socket. There was voltage at the JP5 connections. I jumped across the yellow and blue wires with a needlenose pliers and the motor worked. The mechanism started to open. Jumping across the white and blue wires closed the mechanism. I was in business.

dverstra 08-02-2019 06:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I saw that the cover to the controller module said the usual statement "No user serviceable parts". So, of course, I had to see the inside. That was just an invitation to explore. What I saw gave me a little concern. At some point, water had found its way into the controller. I crossed my fingers that the controller wouldn't have to be replaced.

dverstra 08-02-2019 06:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I watched the current wire channel flex as I moved the mechanism up and down. The wires almost pinched when the mechanism closed. That needed to be remedied. I went online and found some plastic energy chain to replace the flimsy piece of plastic conduit.

dverstra 08-02-2019 06:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was ready to try the lift out with the existing wiring on the coach. I set the lift up outside of the slide and grabbed the wires thru the hole in the bottom of the slide. I connected the wires and crossed my fingers. After all, there had to be a reason somebody removed it in the first place. The lift only worked in one direction. It would Close but not Open. I did not take pictures of this process. I started checking the switches but everything looked OK there

dverstra 08-02-2019 07:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find the cause of malfunction. I called Tom Bumpus at Elkhart Sales and Service and talked to him. He said that if I brought the coach to him that he could schedule some time to look at it. He discovered that the problem was with the multiplex module that controlled it. Not an inexpensive item. He said he could possibly worked around that so I scheduled a date to come back.
Meanwhile, I had to mount the TV on the lift. I made a couple of aluminum bars to fit the lift and the TV

dverstra 08-02-2019 07:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the TV lift installed and functioning. :dance:
Special thanks to Tom at Elkhart Sales and Service for working this out for me.

vito.a 08-02-2019 11:59 AM

Wow, great work.