iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class C Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/)
-   -   Used Search , Website ratings (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/used-search-website-ratings-456013.html)

CapeDave 08-07-2019 07:38 AM

Used Search , Website ratings
 
I have been searching for a used Class C.
It amazes me the scam adds by Dealers on a few websites.
If you do not have one why do you have an add up?????
I can also bitch about prices but there is a sucker bourn every minute.
But when you look to sell your 2005 unit and look around for pricing. What you do
not know is the units you are price comparing to have been on the internet
for over a year and will never sell for that asking price.
Why would I buy your 15 year old MH when I can buy a brand new, no
mileage, unit with a drivetrain, house and appliance warranty?
Hellooooo for less than 50grand new vs 35grand for a 15 year old or more
unit.
I will find what I am looking for at the right price or I will just have to
break down and by new.
Still digging, for sale by owners that is worse than craigslist sometimes.
So how would you rate some of the websites?

RvTrader ok up to date

RVT Could be better

smartrvguide Worse than craigslist


Any place else ware I should be looking?

Thanks Dave

Valent 08-08-2019 09:36 AM

Pplmotorhomes.com is a consignment(mostly) listing that is pretty fair


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

youracman 08-08-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valent (Post 4900923)
Pplmotorhomes.com is a consignment(mostly) listing that is pretty fair


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

^^^^ Good Idea ^^^^^

Also, if you want no BS data from where "the rubber meets the road" look at PPL's SOLD list. A little hard to find, but it is still available, I believe. One caveat: Your idea of "Very Good" is likely not the same as PPL's ..... many consider that rating more like "just OK" (from my conversation with a PPL salesman several years ago.) He said that I should consider their "Excellent" rating if I wanted something really clean, etc. Just FWIW............

BTW-Have read a number of posts where folks have both bought and sold a coach via PPL. All were well satisfied with their transaction(s).

Good hunting.

CapeDave 08-09-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valent (Post 4900923)
Pplmotorhomes.com is a consignment(mostly) listing that is pretty fair


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

I wish they had that listing it is one of the MH that I am looking for,

I will say they have reasonable prices.

Valent 08-09-2019 09:35 AM

We have been very happy with our 2005 Jamboree. We actually bought at RonHoover RV. We probably paid a little much but low miles and very clean. The unit actually came in to the dealership right after we left. We looked at a few other dealerships and then returned. Unfortunately, I think they could tell it was perfect for us. But would definitely do it again


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

CapeDave 08-09-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valent (Post 4902403)
We have been very happy with our 2005 Jamboree. We actually bought at RonHoover RV. We probably paid a little much but low miles and very clean. The unit actually came in to the dealership right after we left. We looked at a few other dealerships and then returned. Unfortunately, I think they could tell it was perfect for us. But would definitely do it again


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

They are out there just on the wrong coast from me, CA.

They if you do not mind how long ago for how much?

They vary in price 16,500 to 35,000 now??? At that high price I will buy new!

In search of a Class C , Chevy, No Slides, 2002-2008, as short as possible!

I tow a boat so a 31' will not work!!!!!!!

Valent 08-09-2019 02:16 PM

$20,000 with 14,000 miles bought three years ago.


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

CapeDave 08-09-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valent (Post 4902787)
$20,000 with 14,000 miles bought three years ago.


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

You stole it! Just got off the phone on a Coachmen 21qb that was out in the
sun no decals left 34,000 miles and they wanted $25,000 for a 2008.

I am looking a NADA at $18 to $20 thou for a 2008 22b and they are
asking $29800 just like the mileage 29,800?:banghead:

Valent 08-09-2019 03:27 PM

We have been very pleased so far.
There have been some little issues but nothing too bad just yet


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

avfordguy 08-12-2019 10:14 PM

2007 Fleetwood tioga 31m ,purchased 2 years ago with 6,300 miles on it, brand new rv! Smells new , was stored indoors most of its life, solid no issues at all, may have paid a high dollar for it, but zero issues? Ok had to replace awning fabric due to age, well built , not like the new ones.

Valent 08-13-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avfordguy (Post 4908031)
2007 Fleetwood tioga 31m ,purchased 2 years ago with 6,300 miles on it, brand new rv! Smells new , was stored indoors most of its life, solid no issues at all, may have paid a high dollar for it, but zero issues? Ok had to replace awning fabric due to age, well built , not like the new ones.


Wow. That's awesome.


2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

CapeDave 08-14-2019 04:44 AM

What I am looking for.

Class C on a Chevy Chasi.

NO SLIDES!

Rear bed and Bed above cab.

Less than 24' overall true lenth. I tow and launch a boat.

An older unit with low miles.

Would love a Fleetwood 22b 2002-2008

They are out there but there is no way in hell I am paying 28-35 Thousand

for a 15 year old MH that NADA'S for less than 20 thousand.

I am so tired of looking at prices that are out of the world when I

am willing to wait a couple of years and buy a brand new unit for

50 Thousand with all the warrantee's.

So the search continues......

Isaac-1 08-14-2019 05:54 AM

Don't get preoccupied with NADA, it is just a very rough depreciation guide that takes no account for market conditions.

CapeDave 08-14-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-1 (Post 4909758)
Don't get preoccupied with NADA, it is just a very rough depreciation guide that takes no account for market conditions.

So why do dealers go to the book when they are doing the numbers on what they are going to allow you for your trade in?

Simple if you look long and hard enough I can find advertised a 2019

Class C that meets what I am looking for $52,000.

Or a 2 or 3 year old unit from one of the rental companies for $39,000

So tell me how the dealers are asking $32,000 or $35,000 for a 2005 unit?:banghead::banghead:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.