iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Cargo lights (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/cargo-lights-456496.html)

Kountry 2SUM 08-10-2019 05:14 PM

Cargo lights

Well Iím still getting to know our new to us 2010 Dutch Star 4333. My latest challenge is trying to figure out why none of the cargo compartment 12 volt lights will work. Iíve replaced a few bulbs and still no luck. I have a sick feeling that something went wrong with the 12 volt power and somehow these fixtures got torched. The interior 12 volt lights work just fine. Iíve been trying to track down the fuse for these lights and have looked high and low, searched every diagram I could find and have come up up with a zero. Soooooo..... anybody got a 10-20 on the fuse block that powers these valuable little cargo lights?:banghead:

iker211 08-10-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kountry 2SUM (Post 4904475)
Well Iím still getting to know our new to us 2010 Dutch Star 4333. My latest challenge is trying to figure out why none of the cargo compartment 12 volt lights will work. Iíve replaced a few bulbs and still no luck. I have a sick feeling that something went wrong with the 12 volt power and somehow these fixtures got torched. The interior 12 volt lights work just fine. Iíve been trying to track down the fuse for these lights and have looked high and low, searched every diagram I could find and have come up up with a zero. Soooooo..... anybody got a 10-20 on the fuse block that powers these valuable little cargo lights?:banghead:

On our Bay Star thereís a switch inside that will power all the cargo lights.

TonyDi 08-10-2019 08:57 PM

Our Dutch Star has a switch inside that has to be turned on so the bay lights will work. It is useful in that it keeps your basement lights from draining your batteries. That's assuming you remember to turn if off when you're done.

WoodyS 08-11-2019 01:44 AM

On our 2008 Kountry Star diesel pusher, there's a master switch for the cargo lights. On our coach, it's on the passenger side, just to the right of the passenger's seat, at the very front end of the panel that has the visor switch and several light switches.

It's all by itself and I can't remember if it's labeled or not. It's a dark toggle switch. When it's OFF, none of the cargo lights will work. When it's ON -- then each cargo light has its own switch to switch the light on and off. At least that's how it is on our coach. The DS might have automatic switches that come on when you open the cargo door. But again, ONLY if the master switch next to the passenger's chair is ON.

NOTE -- this master switch is NOT on the top of the panel where all the rest of the switches are. It's on the very front. I have to get into the step-well and lean down to see and switch it on.

Kountry 2SUM 08-11-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyDi (Post 4904726)
Our Dutch Star has a switch inside that has to be turned on so the bay lights will work. It is useful in that it keeps your basement lights from draining your batteries. That's assuming you remember to turn if off when you're done.

And there it was staring me right in the face every time I step in the door. Our previous MHís didnít have that thoughtful little switch. I should have known thats what that was. Thanks for the replies. I now see the light...... at least in the cargo bays. :dance:

Adjuster505 08-11-2019 08:17 AM

Hi Terry

Red or Green?

Marc

Kountry 2SUM 08-11-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster505 (Post 4905136)
Hi Terry

Red or Green?

Marc

Green of course.....unless itís enchiladas!! :D:thumb: