iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   09 Essex (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/09-essex-45667.html)

soricobob 02-24-2008 11:23 AM

I was told yesterday, the biggest change in the new Essex is the touch screen navigation. Still only one screen (unlike King Aire). But, besides some minor moves (and floor plans) that's all.

soricobob 02-24-2008 11:23 AM

I was told yesterday, the biggest change in the new Essex is the touch screen navigation. Still only one screen (unlike King Aire). But, besides some minor moves (and floor plans) that's all.

Aridon 02-24-2008 12:12 PM

Not really big surprise. I expect most of the other models changes to be equally as exciting. Down market for a few years coming I doubt they are going to be changing much except axe unpopular floor plans and maybe adjust a few of the others.

I could be wrong but I doubt we see anything drastic from Newmar except streamlining.

JavaJelly 02-24-2008 12:19 PM

John Sammut,head of Newmar Marketing and Sales, told me at the Supershow they are adding a full wall slide to the Essex for '09. That could have changed since then because conditions haven't improved and there has been a layoff.

Aridon 02-24-2008 12:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:
John Sammut,head of Newmar Marketing and Sales, told me at the Supershow they are adding a full wall slide to the Essex for '09. That could have changed since then because conditions haven't improved and there has been a layoff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a big surprise the Dutch Star has had one for a year and the dealer we are working with on one seems to think they have been and will be pretty popular. Mid area living room with 4-5 seating spots all facing the TV like a regular living room in a house. Not too many of them in the lineup wouldn't surprise me to see it in the Essex and Mountain Aire. Better thing with the extra 3 feet they can do some really cool stuff with storage. I still think more of an incremental change year over year.

Now if they go ahead and make the Dutch Star High line or something that will get me to raise an eye brow.

Route 66 02-24-2008 02:36 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now if they go ahead and make the Dutch Star High line </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John Sammut shot that rumor down at Tampa.

He did say the DSDP was being redesigned by the guy that redesigned the MADP.

Lug_Nut 02-24-2008 03:42 PM

What exactly is the new thing? I have touch screen nav and it is also voice activated. Is the touch thing different? I can't imagine how.

Peter

Jetsmania 02-24-2008 05:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can't imagine how </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Peter! I am not sure what they are refering to. Newmar told us they were going to use Garmin instead of Pioneer in the Essex. How they are going to do that with radio, and cameras in one screen I am not sure. They are currently using Garmin in the King Aire. paul