iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Turn signal fuse location on a 2004 DS Spartan Chassis (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/turn-signal-fuse-location-on-a-2004-ds-spartan-chassis-456796.html)

Bahcml 08-12-2019 06:05 PM

Turn signal fuse location on a 2004 DS Spartan Chassis

Anyone know the location of the fuse for turn signals on 2004 DS with Spartan chassis? Our DS is a 4025. Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Oops, found them. So checked fuses and they check good. Since the power window no longer works, the turn signals no longer work, emergency flashers don't work...however, the fuses seem to be good what could it be? And how would one check for it? Headlights still working so far.

rvbiker45 08-12-2019 06:07 PM

Look in the small outside compartment under driverís window.

Ray,IN 08-12-2019 06:25 PM

Above the slide-out genset is a fuse panel, (for my 1999 MM GT chassis) behind a panel with 4, 1/4-turn latches. There should be a schematic inside identifying fuse/relay locations for, among many others, are relays/fuses for brake lights, turn signals. 4-ways, headlamps, etc.
If your location schematic is missing, use the sticky links at the top of the irv2.com Spartan forum to drill-down to your specific wiring diagrams.

rvbiker45 08-13-2019 12:58 PM

Did all of these things quit at the same time?
Have you checked the light bulbs in the turn signals, all around?
Look in the electrical compartment outside of the driver's window and locate the turn signal flasher module, it may be bad. Do the flashers not illuminate or do they not just not blink while illuminated?

The window motor might have lost its ground, or it maybe has failed. Open up the arm rest panel by removing the touch pad for the levelers and try to determine if you have a good 12v electrical source.

Bahcml 08-14-2019 01:25 PM

yes, they all quit at the same time.
Light bulbs are all good.
Flashers do not illuminate at all.

rvbiker45 08-14-2019 03:23 PM

Are the lights in common with other functions like stop/running lights? If so, determine if they function when the light switch is pulled on.
It appears that you have lost a common ground. Perhaps in the steering column where the emergency light button and the turn signal lever is mounted. There is a module under the steering column shroud that has some wires that control the turn and emergency lights. On my MH, the shroud just snaps together as a clam shell. Easy to remove and gain a look-see at the wiring. If memory serves me, the controlling module has only two screws holding it in place with some wires to hook up. Real simple. One of those wires might have gotten loose or broken.

Bahcml 08-16-2019 12:26 PM

Headlight and brake lights still work. All fuses (checked every one) in the bay below the driver check good. I have ordered a new flasher relay from Spartan, we'll see it that does the trick.

tomgrigsby 08-20-2019 05:43 PM

I looked through diagrams of our 2000 DSDP. Turn signal power comes through an ignition relay so perhaps you have a problem there. I couldn't find my driver's side power window in the diagrams so I guess I need to do some more research just for my own info. Anyway, hope it helps and sorry I couldn't provide more definitive info.