iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toads and Motorhome Related Towing (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   Older ACME tow dolly straps (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/older-acme-tow-dolly-straps-458155.html)

BagmanRV 08-22-2019 11:04 AM

Older ACME tow dolly straps

Hello All!

This is my first post to the forum which I have referenced for the past year. Great stuff you have here!

I had a question.

I just purchased an older ACME tow dolly (plastic ramps and all) and was wondering how the tire straps work. I have a trip tomorrow with it. Eventually I will buy some new straps.

How do these need to be setup? I found online for the newer version but nothing for this one. It has three hooks and a ratchet with a hook (strap is yellow).

Thanks in advance.

Van

NXR 08-22-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BagmanRV (Post 4921982)
I just purchased an older ACME tow dolly (plastic ramps and all) and was wondering how the tire straps work. I have a trip tomorrow with it. Eventually I will buy some new straps.

How do these need to be setup? I found online for the newer version but nothing for this one. It has three hooks and a ratchet with a hook (strap is yellow).

Three hooks? Not familiar with that one. Where are they? Some pictures of the straps and the dolly would be helpful.

Ray

BagmanRV 08-23-2019 07:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pics would def help.

Thanks!

Van

NXR 08-23-2019 07:47 AM

If it's like others I've seen, two hooks would go in the loops on the back of the tire so there are two straps helping keep the tire from rolling backwards. The other, obviously, would go in one of the front loops and the ratcheting handle would draw it up tight.

FYI, their email address usually gets a response same day if you send it early enough. Or give them a call. It's a small company and I'm sure they will provide you with all of the help you need.

Phone: 336-996-4396
email: acmetowdolly@gmail.com

If you haven't left yet, please drape one of the harnesses over a tire and send a picture so we can see what is hanging off of each end. I'm not understanding why the two front loops seem to be in line with the rear loops.

Ray

BagmanRV 08-23-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NXR (Post 4923292)
If it's like others I've seen, two hooks would go in the loops on the back of the tire so there are two straps helping keep the tire from rolling backwards. The other, obviously, would go in one of the front loops and the ratcheting handle would draw it up tight.

FYI, their email address usually gets a response same day if you send it early enough. Or give them a call. It's a small company and I'm sure they will provide you with all of the help you need.

Phone: 336-996-4396
email: acmetowdolly@gmail.com

If you haven't left yet, please drape one of the harnesses over a tire and send a picture so we can see what is hanging off of each end. I'm not understanding why the two front loops seem to be in line with the rear loops.

Ray

Thanks! I think I have it figured out. Just would want something from the manufacturer in case I missed something.

Pulling a 2008 Prius later today. From what I read there is no steering lock and it. Should not be a problem towing it.

Van

NXR 08-24-2019 08:16 PM

How did it go?

Ray

153stars 08-25-2019 08:59 PM

I'm thinking 2 hooks rear loops one hook front ratchet at last loop tightens all down kinda a lasso . 4 point hold down.

KiteSquid 08-26-2019 04:25 AM

How much did you pay for the dolly?