iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   5th Wheel Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Macerator Pumps (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/macerator-pumps-458225.html)

benderdog 08-22-2019 07:40 PM

Macerator Pumps

Just looking for recommendations on these pumps saw old reports on here portable 12 volts any updates you can help with would be great thanks. Would only need to pump 50 to 75 feet.

JDT 08-22-2019 08:06 PM

I have a Flojet portable. It works well but I use it sparingly as I prefer the old fashioned gravity drain. For dumping at a long or uphill distance it is great and the only times I use it. There are 2 things I don't like, one it can't be bypassed to allow free drain of the grey tank and two, hair gets caught in the blades. I use the 1" blue hoses but I understand a 3/4 inch garden hose can be used. I keep it for those rare occasions when I can't reach the dump with my stinky slinkys.

mobilemike 08-23-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDT (Post 4922847)
There are 2 things I don't like, one it can't be bypassed to allow free drain of the grey tank .

You can easily install a Y valve in the system to bypass the pump.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

JDT 08-23-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobilemike (Post 4923613)
You can easily install a Y valve in the system to bypass the pump.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

That looks like it is made for a fixed pump. I have a portable Flojet and not sure how it would attach or work.

mobilemike 08-24-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDT (Post 4923653)
That looks like it is made for a fixed pump. I have a portable Flojet and not sure how it would attach or work.

It depends.

You could mount your pump and the valve on a small piece of plywood all plummed together. Then do your hook ups like normal. Its just like the pump and valve are one unit.

mtofell 08-24-2019 05:37 PM

Love my Flojet. I'd never go back to screwing with the slinky. My main goal was to elevate slightly and dump at home but I quickly found it to be preferable while at campgrounds too. I usually just empty gray (through a 3/4" hose) while out and deal with the black back at home. If I'm out for a while and need to empty black at the campground the pump is quick, easy and MUCH cleaner than doing it the old way.

dadnjesse 08-27-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtofell (Post 4925257)
Love my Flojet. I'd never go back to screwing with the slinky. My main goal was to elevate slightly and dump at home but I quickly found it to be preferable while at campgrounds too. I usually just empty gray (through a 3/4" hose) while out and deal with the black back at home. If I'm out for a while and need to empty black at the campground the pump is quick, easy and MUCH cleaner than doing it the old way.

I also prefer to wait until I get home and use my Flojet macerator pump, it's a lot easier, I don't have to wait in line. I have a 1 inch pipe buried in the ground that goes to my septic.

vsheetz 08-27-2019 07:54 PM

I have a DIY setup using a macerating pump typically used in boating. Works great. Pump 150' to a sewer clean out at our fixed home.

Spk64 08-27-2019 07:57 PM

I use one at home for cleaning tanks or emptying after the drive home. Pump about 100-150’ but all downhill. I use 3/4” garden hose. Works great.

Cougarkid 08-27-2019 08:35 PM

Macerator Pumps

2 Attachment(s)
We run a San-I-Con macerator. Started with a twist on model that had the gray water bypass. Upgraded (via warranty - twist on not in stock) to a permanent mount model with bypass. I never, ever unhook it. No more using the stinky slinky. Can dump almost anywhere.
Going on 7 years of macerator use. Easy to use and little to no mess. Quick hook and unhook. Bypass makes it work just like a 3” hose when parked. I made/installed a garden hose style connection box on the side of the rv. Garden hose in for water and out for sewer.
Macerator box mounted in wet bay.
The little white hose is the “out” line.
Attachment 258254
Water on top, sewer on bottom.
Attachment 258255
BTW, hose fittings are opposites. Water hose coming from spigot has wrong end for sewer hookup.

mobilemike 08-28-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougarkid (Post 4930161)
We run a San-I-Con macerator. Started with a twist on model that had the gray water bypass. .

Nice setup.

Cougarkid 09-01-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobilemike (Post 4930765)
Nice setup.

Thanks!

baranski37 09-02-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadnjesse (Post 4930077)
I also prefer to wait until I get home and use my Flojet macerator pump, it's a lot easier, I don't have to wait in line. I have a 1 inch pipe buried in the ground that goes to my septic.

I bought the flow jet to use when I stay at my parents lake trailer. We full time so if I’m not at his place I’m in a full hook up park or RV Park. Is it normal for the flo jet to leak a lot of water from the water hose side of things? It appears to leave a lot of water. At my parents I have to pump 35’ and about 2’ uphill. Many times seems quite slow but only option when at my parents. I choose at times to drive to local COE park down the road and paid $5 to dump.

twinboat 09-02-2019 03:16 PM

My FlowJet doesn't leak at all.

Do you have a garden hose connector, with washer, on the output port ?

That's what fits.
Quote:

Originally Posted by baranski37 (Post 4938643)
I bought the flow jet to use when I stay at my parents lake trailer. We full time so if I’m not at his place I’m in a full hook up park or RV Park. Is it normal for the flo jet to leak a lot of water from the water hose side of things? It appears to leave a lot of water. At my parents I have to pump 35’ and about 2’ uphill. Many times seems quite slow but only option when at my parents. I choose at times to drive to local COE park down the road and paid $5 to dump.