iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Where did they hide it? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/where-did-they-hide-it-458355.html)

loranimal 08-23-2019 09:38 PM

Where did they hide it?

I've been trying to locate the connector for a trailer brake controller. I looked under the dash by the pedals and steering column. Look behind the instrument panel and behind the radio panel.

Where else would have put it?

Thanks

Carl

RescueRamsey 08-23-2019 11:30 PM

What year is your coach?
Not all have them, my 2002 did not come with it.

Spaceball 08-24-2019 12:49 AM

FWIW Mine had a fake trailer brake wire in the wiring harness at the hitch, the blue brake controller wire literally went nowhere, it ended maybe 2 feet from the hitch pigtail inside the harness loom. I had to run my own wire all the way back from the dash.

K7JV 08-24-2019 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our coach is an '06 Dynasty which shares most of its design and documentation with the Executive and Signature of the same year. Here is a photo of how Monaco did the wiring for our Unified Tow Brake system. They installed this prior to our taking delivery of the coach, new.

The four conductors above the blue crimp connectors are, I believe, the original conductors that supplied power and carried the control signal thru to the rear of the coach. At the location of the blue crimp connectors, according to drawings and documentation from Monaco, I would have expected to see connector M66, but our coach did not have that M66 connector.

Monaco apparently had pre-modified brake controller leads for the Unified systems, as that was a system commonly installed by them. They simply cut off the M66 connector and spliced into the existing wiring using the blue crimp connectors where the M66 had been removed.

All of this is located behind the removable panel by the driver's left leg.

I hope this might help you.

loranimal 08-24-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K7JV (Post 4924523)
Our coach is an '06 Dynasty which shares most of its design and documentation with the Executive and Signature of the same year. Here is a photo of how Monaco did the wiring for our Unified Tow Brake system. They installed this prior to our taking delivery of the coach, new.

The four conductors above the blue crimp connectors are, I believe, the original conductors that supplied power and carried the control signal thru to the rear of the coach. At the location of the blue crimp connectors, according to drawings and documentation from Monaco, I would have expected to see connector M66, but our coach did not have that M66 connector.

Monaco apparently had pre-modified brake controller leads for the Unified systems, as that was a system commonly installed by them. They simply cut off the M66 connector and spliced into the existing wiring using the blue crimp connectors where the M66 had been removed.

All of this is located behind the removable panel by the driver's left leg.

I hope this might help you.

I haven't looked in the driver side panel yet. My 07 Camelot had it tucked under the dash by the pedals.

Back to searching.......

Carl

loranimal 08-25-2019 09:18 AM

Found it

Connector was hiding behind the driver side panel. 11 Ty-Rap's holding that baby in there. Someone sure liked Ty-Raps.

Carl