iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   2019 Allegro Bus 45OPP On a long (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/2019-allegro-bus-45opp-on-a-long-461125.html)

Boysbus 09-12-2019 09:27 AM

2019 Allegro Bus 45OPP On a long

We purchased our 2019 Allegro Bus 45OPP in March. Shortly after taking ownership we departed on several different trips. At first the lift bed worked OK, but very loud when going either up or down.
On a recent trip from North Carolina to the Northern part of Michigan the bed would not allow the bedroom slides to close. All appeared to be in order so by holding the retract button ten seconds the slide would come in. While at one campground in Petoskey MI the bed was being retracted to the up position when a loud bang took place. The bed would not move in either direction at that point. What was found was the cabinet screws holding a metal place had broken. The plate is about six inches square and must be securely held in place to allow the piston under the bed to move forward and backward.
A call to Tiffin was a waste as they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me to find a local repairmen check it and have it repaired. WE COULD NOT LEAVE THE CAMPGROUND BECAUSE THE BED WAS BROKEN AND THE SLIDE COULD NOT COME IN. So I found a rv repair company and they took the bed apart, found the broken "small Cabinet screw" drilled holes into the board under the metal plate and then put bolts and nuts through the holes to secure the bed. Additionally it was found the little metal plate at the end of the bed was bent and would not come into contact with the switch on the end of the box under the mattress, therefore that would send the error signal to the control panel. The cost of the repair was $325 dollars. I submitted the bill to Tiffin and was told they would only pay $250 due to their limit on service calls. I'll continue my conversation with Tiffin. Had to stay three more days at a campsite also at my expense.

RTC1 09-12-2019 10:44 AM

That just stinks. Hope Tiffin comes thru for you. My wife sliced her finger open on one of the screws for the power bed while putting sheets on the first night we owned ours. After further inspection we found that on both sides the installer missed the wood with the screws and they were hanging out . Also several screws at the head of the bed (underneath the covered cushion we cant figure out) were laying on the floor not attached to the metal frame. Lots of Mondays and Fridays these things are put together....

Solo_RV_Guy 09-12-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTC1 (Post 4953097)
That just stinks. Hope Tiffin comes thru for you. My wife sliced her finger open on one of the screws for the power bed while putting sheets on the first night we owned ours. After further inspection we found that on both sides the installer missed the wood with the screws and they were hanging out . Also several screws at the head of the bed (underneath the covered cushion we cant figure out) were laying on the floor not attached to the metal frame. Lots of Mondays and Fridays these things are put together....

And Tiffin is one of the better builders, too!

As for Mondays and Fridays - watch some videos of RVs under construction and see the frantic pace of the workers. I'm not sure the day of the week matters much; it's more about having the unit ready to move to the next assembly station on time.

Lt Dan 09-12-2019 11:36 AM

First off, Welcome to IRV2. Sorry it took a problem to get you to join. :welcome:
Call and ask to speak to Bob Tiffin directly and he will answer or call you back. What other company will let you speak directly to the owner.

RTC1 09-12-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy (Post 4953160)
And Tiffin is one of the better builders, too!

As for Mondays and Fridays - watch some videos of RVs under construction and see the frantic pace of the workers. I'm not sure the day of the week matters much; it's more about having the unit ready to move to the next assembly station on time.

Quite right..as for the Mondays and Fridays, that was said in jest. I love my Tiffin and have spoken to Bob Tiffin, and was impressed by his day to day knowledge of his company. I agree that employees are put under undue stress to move a unit along. No different than Ford Or Chevy. Its a fine line between quality and quantity, which any business owner can testify to. I can certainly live with a few screws that need replaced in the bed as long as the big stuff is right and the manufacturer stands behind the product. As for the OP, Tiffin should certainly reimburse for service call, how else could he get his slide in?