iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   5th Wheel Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Bathroom eliminated, kitchen expanded (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/bathroom-eliminated-kitchen-expanded-461648.html)

McRod 09-16-2019 01:15 AM

Bathroom eliminated, kitchen expanded

2 Attachment(s)
We did this reno last year. Completely pulled down the interior walls of our 1/2 bath, removed all cabinets, walls, plumbing, electrical, toilet, etc, and extended our kitchen by adding 42inch upper cabinets and lowers and broom closet. Matched countertop to existing kitchen. Under cabinet LED lights. Yes, that a lazy Suzanne in the corner lower cabinet.

The first pic was after removing the cabinetry in the bath and removed the bathroom door.

Second pic was the "almost" finished project. Crown molding on uppers wasn't on, child lock on lazy Suzanne, and in the bottom right corner you can see the new hardwood stairs to bedroom were not stained yet.

Total project cost was about $1500. Mostly cabinetry from seconds and surplus. Took me about 1 week to complete start-to-finish.

Arch Hoagland 09-16-2019 01:25 AM

Wow what an improvement!!!!

aknavy 09-16-2019 06:59 AM

Nice!

SB_James 09-16-2019 08:40 AM

Amazing job, and it feels so inviting!

mobilemike 09-16-2019 11:16 AM

Some of those half baths are so small a 200lb man can not turn around in. More kitchen space is always a good thing. Nice job.

powerboatr 09-16-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McRod (Post 4958196)
We did this reno last year. Completely pulled down the interior walls of our 1/2 bath, removed all cabinets, walls, plumbing, electrical, toilet, etc, and extended our kitchen by adding 42inch upper cabinets and lowers and broom closet. Matched countertop to existing kitchen. Under cabinet LED lights. Yes, that a lazy Suzanne in the corner lower cabinet.

The first pic was after removing the cabinetry in the bath and removed the bathroom door.

Second pic was the "almost" finished project. Crown molding on uppers wasn't on, child lock on lazy Suzanne, and in the bottom right corner you can see the new hardwood stairs to bedroom were not stained yet.

Total project cost was about $1500. Mostly cabinetry from seconds and surplus. Took me about 1 week to complete start-to-finish.

WOW impressive, what a difference.:bow:
where is the kitchen in relation to the new parts?

jlsr 09-16-2019 02:09 PM

That is an Awesome reno!!! Would love to see more pics of the kitchen . GREAT job!!

carl.swoyer 09-16-2019 02:49 PM

Beautiful work!

ThePowells 09-16-2019 08:37 PM

:clap::clap::clap::goodjob:

brandss 09-16-2019 09:10 PM

This looks like an incredible upgrade. Any chance you could post a few more pictures to show the entirety of the final upgrade? I would love to see from a distance how it flows with the rest of the coach. I too would love to have more kitchen space.

Rhagfo 09-16-2019 09:16 PM

Very. nice, looks very nice. Would like to also see the entire kitchen.

McRod 09-17-2019 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerboatr (Post 4958933)
WOW impressive, what a difference.:bow:
where is the kitchen in relation to the new parts?

This is a Montana Big Sky 3910FB. Below is the layout. The 1/2 bath removed was in the center of this layout diagram. I was able to match (pretty close) the existing cabinetry stain, countertops and hardware.

I will try to take some more pics soon. We are travelling atm and won't be setup for a few more days.

powerboatr 09-17-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McRod (Post 4961259)
This is a Montana Big Sky 3910FB. Below is the layout. The 1/2 bath removed was in the center of this layout diagram. I was able to match (pretty close) the existing cabinetry stain, countertops and hardware.

I will try to take some more pics soon. We are travelling atm and won't be setup for a few more days.

thanks, after seeing the floor plan, i wonder why they put a toilet in the middle of the kitchen?

makes perfect sense on the changes

great job

brandss 09-17-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McRod (Post 4961259)

I have built furniture, cabinets, entertainment centers for over 30 years in my home wood shop, last one over 1000 sq feet, and I want to tell you that the job you did is top notch. After seeing the layout the picture is much clearer. Great skills and what a great upgrade.