iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Dash heater control (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dash-heater-control-464957.html)

Les1951 10-11-2019 06:50 PM

Dash heater control

We have had very poor performance from our dash AC. I have noticed the air temperature from the the dash vents is 10-15 degree’s warmer than the outside air temperature, even with the cabin air temperature selector set to minimum. This could be the reason our AC is so marginal. Anyone out there have any ideas or had the same issue ?

Nowabeachbum 10-11-2019 10:18 PM

Yup

Craneboy302 10-12-2019 12:49 AM

Ac

We have a 2015 Aspire & even thou we have the AC on high it hardly keeps the front cab cool. One time we had to start the generator to use the #1 unit to keep us cool driving. She is talking about putting a rod up across behind the driving seats with a curtain on it to close the drivers section off. That way it should keep it cool or warm depending on the weather.

Les1951 10-12-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les1951 (Post 4993217)
We have had very poor performance from our dash AC. I have noticed the air temperature from the the dash vents is 10-15 degree’s warmer than the outside air temperature, even with the cabin air temperature selector set to minimum. This could be the reason our AC is so marginal. Anyone out there have any ideas or had the same issue ?

I should have clarified the explanation above... The dash air, with air conditioning off is 10-15 degree’s warmer than the outside air temperature.

Les1951 10-12-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum (Post 4993455)
Yup

[emoji15]

Mwoodofd 10-12-2019 07:52 AM

Just hop in that avatar and climb up to some cool air.......used to do that in a 172 in younger days in the summer in East Texas, took about half an hour to get up to 10-12K, and get back to the airport within an hour - about $50 wet in those days)

I have tried to use my dash vent air as well on nicer days, and never can get the same temp air coming out - usually have to open the driver window. Has to be something in the knob control letting part of the heating system through. I know when I do turn on the dash heat, the knob can also be sensitive where not much happens, then turn a little more and the heat is full blast. If this heat is mixing with the AC, that is kinda counter productive.

The only satisfied results I have seen on the forum are those that take the coaches to a Big Rig Truck AC Shop that really know what they are doing with these systems. Your AC may be working correct, but something not working on the temp dial not closing off the heat. Mine sounds like it is acting the same.:confused:

Nowabeachbum 10-12-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les1951 (Post 4993583)
[emoji15]

Sorry, Les, I couldn’t resist!😂.
If you are really running 15 degrees warmer than the outside air, you might have a heater control valve leaking. If the heater control valve is leaking, the air conditioner will work appropriately when you first start and begin to lose temperature as the engine heats up, delivering hot water to the coil. Is the compressor running? Is it cycling? Usually these sorts of problems are just low refrigerant.

Les1951 10-12-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum (Post 4993880)
Sorry, Les, I couldn’t resist![emoji23].

If you are really running 15 degrees warmer than the outside air, you might have a heater control valve leaking. If the heater control valve is leaking, the air conditioner will work appropriately when you first start and begin to lose temperature as the engine heats up, delivering hot water to the coil. Is the compressor running? Is it cycling? Usually these sorts of problems are just low refrigerant.

I will have the heater control valve checked out. Compressor is running and the refrigerant has been serviced as part of the trouble shooting efforts. Thanks Gary [emoji16]