iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Install oasis pump? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/install-oasis-pump-467048.html)

patrickemb 10-28-2019 08:03 PM

Install oasis pump?

Has anyone installed a pump in the oasis system? Any tricks or tips you can give me? Had to order a new pump for loop 1. I have the directions for the install seems pretty straight forward and in a very tight spot. Mine is mounted on top of the burner box, good thing I have long arms.
Thanks

Algoma 10-29-2019 07:45 AM

You will need Hose Pinch-Off Pliers for the input hose to the pump. Also the new pump does not have a screw down base, it just hangs on the hose. Just follow the directions in the manual and you should be OK.

patrickemb 10-29-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algoma (Post 5016378)
You will need Hose Pinch-Off Pliers for the input hose to the pump. Also the new pump does not have a screw down base, it just hangs on the hose. Just follow the directions in the manual and you should be OK.

Already have 2 pair of these in my tool box. Just for special occasions. [emoji16]

Stealth01 10-29-2019 05:31 PM

Changing Oasis Pump Hints

wagonmaster2 10-29-2019 11:14 PM

I had to replace my pump on Loop #1 two years ago on my 2015 DS.

Since this pump seems to go out so quick on Loop 1 how long will the two pumps on Loop 2 last, or how many on the Forum have had to replace either of the pumps on Loop 2?

Stealth01 10-30-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 (Post 5017453)
I had to replace my pump on Loop #1 two years ago on my 2015 DS.

Since this pump seems to go out so quick on Loop 1 how long will the two pumps on Loop 2 last, or how many on the Forum have had to replace either of the pumps on Loop 2?

Wagonmaster,
You have TWO PUMPS on Loop #2????

Algoma 10-30-2019 05:16 PM

I have replaced the summer loop pump and loop 1 pump. Just loop 2 pump to go now. Don't think any pump is more likely to fail than any other. Hopefully the new pump design will last much longer.

Gordon Dewald 10-30-2019 05:23 PM

For me draining and refilling the boiler was the most difficult. Surprising amount of liquid has to be transferred. I found a fitting so I was able to hook up a length of hose.

Some of the hose clamps they supply are very tight.

Stealth01 10-30-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald (Post 5018420)
For me draining and refilling the boiler was the most difficult. Surprising amount of liquid has to be transferred. I found a fitting so I was able to hook up a length of hose.

Some of the hose clamps they supply are very tight.

Gordon,
1st, read through my entire "Hints" post for Hints and tools that make the job a lot easier. #2, You ARE KIDDING that you drained the boiler to replace a pump?!?

wagonmaster2 10-31-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth01 (Post 5018397)
Wagonmaster,
You have TWO PUMPS on Loop #2????

As usual I'm using the wrong terminology in the wrong place. I guess what I had replaced was the Summer Loop pump for hot water, so I'm wondering about the longivity of Zone 1 and Zone 2 pumps for heat to the coach.

These pumps look awfully small for such an big job to do for a supposedly long term durability.

SLS 10-31-2019 12:21 AM

I have 2017 DSDP. Loop 1 went out. When I called they said they had a new pump. I ordered two new pumps. Replaced Loop 1 & 2 and kept loop 2 pump for spare.
Just clamp off hoses, pull clamps, throw away mounts and let hang by hoses. (ITR recommend this).
I called when I thought fluid was bad because of "coffee color" and ITR said that is normal.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BIG TOWEL DOWN BEFORE PULLING PUMP(S).
[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Gordon Dewald 10-31-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth01 (Post 5018432)
Gordon,
1st, read through my entire "Hints" post for Hints and tools that make the job a lot easier. #2, You ARE KIDDING that you drained the boiler to replace a pump?!?

Nope not kidding. Followed the instructions provided by Aqua Hot and replaced the hoses they provided. Said not to reuse the old ones.

Did not know you had posted a "Hints" post as I did this a couple years ago.

Stealth01 10-31-2019 05:14 PM

Well GREAT!! I’m not posting about these *&*%&^& pumps any more... My Loop #2 just failed... Again... Lasted 20 months!! It is a GRI manufactured pump, NOT an ITR manufactured pump... New ITR pump inbound!! This is an “expertise” that I really don’t need!!

patrickemb 10-31-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth01 (Post 5019824)
Well GREAT!! I’m not posting about these *&*%&^& pumps any more... My Loop #2 just failed... Again... Lasted 20 months!! It is a GRI manufactured pump, NOT an ITR manufactured pump... New ITR pump inbound!! This is an “expertise” that I really don’t need!!

Sorry about your pump failure. I didn't know there was another pump available for the oasis other than ordering from ITR. Are you saying that the other brand is not reliable and won't last? I ordered mine from ITR should get it tomorrow or Monday.