iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Travel Trailer Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Info on quality travel trailer brands needed? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/info-on-quality-travel-trailer-brands-needed-468481.html)

R.Wold 11-09-2019 10:11 PM

Info on quality travel trailer brands needed?

Ok folks, I know my motor homes, and I know a few TT brands I wouldn't go near, but other than that, Im pretty much out of touch on the subject. So Im looking for a TT around 22’ with a full wall slide or two slides, solid counters, wood cabinets comparable to Newmar, fiberglass exterior, aluminum frame with walk on roof, quality awnings, doors, windows etc. In short, who makes the better/best travel trailers other than Airstream? Not looking for super-ultra light weight stuff, but rather solid dependable equipment built with quality materials. Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Tcounty1 11-10-2019 07:20 AM

Not Keystone [emoji23]

Persistent 11-10-2019 12:08 PM

Quality Travel Trailer Brands

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/best-...-443427-2.html

Not Dutchman

Cumminsfan 11-10-2019 12:26 PM

I don't think you'll find any of that in a 22' TT. 22' is not a size thats going to get much attention for detail. Airstream in a 22' would be about as good as it gets. But no slide.
Same with Oliver. But no slide.
Lance is about the only MFG that would give you something close to what you're looking for.
But again you're not going to find the level if fit and finish along with quality materials in a 22' TT with a slide.
There's just no market for right now.

CecilD 11-10-2019 12:36 PM

That's a pretty ambitious list for a 22 ft. trailer. Bigfoot 25 ft rear queen has a 22 ft. box. However, it has no slides. It checks your high quality of build needs. It has no aluminum frame as it is all thick walled fiberglass. Matter of fact, it has no coach frame, which is a feature. You will be hard pressed to find a 22' trailer with dual slides. Never seen one with a full wall slide.

450Donn 11-10-2019 01:06 PM

ALL RVs will have issues. Smaller (under about 30 feet) are considered weekenders, are slapped together and not many will have a slide out over maybe 6 feet on one side.
Some of the better manufacturers are Lance, Northwood Mfg, and OutdoorRV. Even they will have peoblems, but their generally a step above.

Highway 4x4 11-10-2019 01:11 PM

What you are looking for does not exist. To get the cabinets you could have it done custom. No double slides or full wall. You would be looking at a $50K + 22 foot trailer and there is just no market there.

tuffr2 11-10-2019 07:51 PM

I am looking for my 4th RV. I spent 6 days looking and got frustrated and now decided to wait for the RV Shows. Anyway I looked a dozens of travel trailers and have not seen any that had a 'full wall' slide. Especially in a little 22' trailer.

The closest I have seen would be a Flagstaff 21DS (Dinnette Slide). Flagstaff travel trailers are solid units with better than average build quality IMHO. They laminate the roof and use a slightly thicker grade of TPO for the walkable roof.

Why such a little trailer?

R.Wold 11-10-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuffr2 (Post 5033117)
I am looking for my 4th RV. I spent 6 days looking and got frustrated and now decided to wait for the RV Shows. Anyway I looked a dozens of travel trailers and have not seen any that had a 'full wall' slide. Especially in a little 22' trailer.

The closest I have seen would be a Flagstaff 21DS (Dinnette Slide). Flagstaff travel trailers are solid units with better than average build quality IMHO. They laminate the roof and use a slightly thicker grade of TPO for the walkable roof.

Why such a little trailer?

Its for a retired couple, just the two of them and they want small. Im working on them. They have enough truck to pull something a lot bigger. This seemed pretty dismal at first but theres some good info here. And I like the idea of attending a couple shows. Ive never really paid attention to TTs other than toy haulers.

So thanks to all and keep those ideas coming - especially the “stay away” brands.

Desert Flyer 11-10-2019 09:23 PM

Info on quality travel trailer brands needed?

Outdoor RV (ORV) makes some very nice looking 21RBS, 21FQS, 21DBS, 23DBS, 23RBS, 23BKS. Also a 24KTS. Nash (sister to ORV) makes a 23D.

Highway 4x4 11-11-2019 02:09 PM

Please post what you do to get what you are looking for. Many here are looking for the same thing. 2 slides, custom cabinets, solid construction, all in a TT that's <28 feet total.

vonkamp 11-11-2019 02:27 PM

Oliver or Airstream. I saw an Airstream with a slide at a campground so maybe that is a possibility.

Reevesfamily 11-11-2019 06:04 PM

Am sure finding what you seek will be a challenge, but that’s part of the fun I guess. We sure love our new Flagstaff but it’s much larger and heavier than what you are looking for. After looking at a lot of them I agree that the Flagstaff, at least the one we found and bought, is a step above the normal lite and cheap units out there. But it should be for $40k in my opinion. Like they say, cheap isn’t good and good isn’t cheap. If you want a better-built unit it’ll cost a bit more.

TXiceman 11-11-2019 06:29 PM

Arctic Fox, Escape, Big Foot.

Ken