iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   2008 Safari Passage (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/2008-safari-passage-469930.html)

Hit man Hank 11-22-2019 12:47 PM

2008 Safari Passage

I would like to start off by saying that I am new to this thread posting stuff so if I step on anyone's toes or post in the wrong place, sorry guy's. Now having introduced myself, on to my dilemma. I own a 2008 Safari Passage motorhome. Last night I got in to start it up. I turned the battery disconnect switch on and the indicator light lit up green as it always has and I heard the click of the relay switch activate. I turned the key on and the whole dash lit up as usual and when I turned the key to start it, it began to turn the engine over and suddenly the whole dashboard lost power, Everything went dead. I turned and looked and the green indicator light on the disconnect switch was flickering. When I tried to turn the disconnect switch off it would not go off and the green light continued to flicker. After a few minutes the switch did indeed turn off but seemed to lose power again and would not turn back on. I am thinking it could be the latching relay but I have no idea where it is located or what it looks like. Any advice would be appreciated.

Isaac-1 11-22-2019 02:34 PM

My first thought is a bad wiring connection, usually a ground wire, have you checked the simple stuff like the condition of the wires at the battery?

twinboat 11-22-2019 04:54 PM

Start at the battery terminals, remove and clean them.

If no better, you can jump the latching relay as a test.

Hit man Hank 11-23-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-1 (Post 5048573)
My first thought is a bad wiring connection, usually a ground wire, have you checked the simple stuff like the condition of the wires at the battery?

Thank you for the advice. After reading this I pulled the panel located just inside of the entry door that houses the battery disconnect switches. I found the small wire that goes to the green indicator light had broken off. I am going to go to harbor freight and pick up a small soldering gun and try to replace the wire. Will keep you posted.

Hit man Hank 11-23-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinboat (Post 5048717)
Start at the battery terminals, remove and clean them.

If no better, you can jump the latching relay as a test.

Thank you for the advice. After reading this I pulled the panel located just inside of the entry door that houses the battery disconnect switches. I found the small wire that goes to the green indicator light had broken off. I am going to go to harbor freight and pick up a small soldering gun and try to replace the wire. Will keep you posted.

Hit man Hank 11-23-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit man Hank (Post 5049654)

Update; soldered wire back onto indicator light and it fixed the problem. Thank you again for your help.

TeJay 11-23-2019 08:20 PM

New to the forum and working on building his post count already!!!!! Just kidding.

If you make a double post you can delete the extra ones.