iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Flying J discount is back (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/flying-j-discount-is-back-51392.html)

Route 66 04-25-2009 06:50 PM

Flying J discount is back

It looks like the cash price is back when using a credit card and your RV Loyalty card.

Quote:

#3) Cash Price for Fuel
Receive cash price for diesel fuel at our commercial truck islands at Flying J locations when presenting your RV Real Value loyalty card. If you are paying for fuel by credit/debit card please insert your card used for payment first and then enter your RV Real Value card as prompted at the pump. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump. If paying by cash insert your RV Real Value card into the cardreader before fueling, pump your fuel and pay at the cashier. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump.

Flying J website.

doc 04-25-2009 08:20 PM

Old news around our local J. Been back for several months.

Hitchhiker 04-25-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

#3) Cash Price for Fuel
Receive cash price for diesel fuel at our commercial truck islands at Flying J locations when presenting your RV Real Value loyalty card. If you are paying for fuel by credit/debit card please insert your card used for payment first and then enter your RV Real Value card as prompted at the pump. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump. If paying by cash insert your RV Real Value card into the cardreader before fueling, pump your fuel and pay at the cashier. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump.

When using a charge card along with the RV Real Value loyalty card, isn't the cash price only granted at the truck lanes as opposed to the RV Islands and/or the Auto Pumps?

69RoadRunner 04-25-2009 09:07 PM

I got the cash price last week using the RV Rewards card. I used the truck lanes.

Can't confirm if it's only the truck lanes.

RV Wizard 04-26-2009 05:36 AM

They probably saw where they were loosing money to their competitors.

paz 04-26-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchhiker (Post 496239)
When using a charge card along with the RV Real Value loyalty card, isn't the cash price only granted at the truck lanes as opposed to the RV Islands and/or the Auto Pumps?

To my knowledge, the cash price has always been granted at the RV and auto islands, even if you used a credit card, and even if you didn't use the RV card. At least it was for gasoline - since our rig is gas, I can't speak for diesel, and I can't speak for the truck islands. Last summer when they had their 3 cent discount after a purchase of a certain amount in the store (I think $10), we never bought anything in the store so we never qualified for the 3 cent discount. Therefore, I didn't waste my time swiping the RV card; but to my recollection, I still got the cash price with my credit card.

doc 04-26-2009 09:01 AM

We never use the Flying J truck lanes. Those guys are out trying to make a living and don't need me in their way. We do use RV lanes and try to use FJ exclusively when traveling and they are available. There was a time when you did not get the discount (a whole penny!) but that was when they were pushing the FJ credit card and you had to buy so much in the store. That was so unpopular they went back to the old method and re-instated the 1 cent discount. To my knowledge, the cash price has always been available with the Real Value card.
I buy a lot of fuel at our local FJ, but have no idea how things were/are done at other locations in other states.

GaryKD 04-26-2009 09:53 AM

Hurray for the J. :clap: I went to their web site just a week or so ago and this reinstated benefit had not been there. There is a Santa Claus! :thumb: I will now return to using the J 100% of the time.

porscheracer 04-26-2009 01:37 PM

We fueled at FJ twice in the last 2 weeks, and only got the penny discount. Once was at a truck island and once at an RV island.

UPS 34 04-27-2009 03:17 AM

I think there is a 300 per month limit. Wow .. I think that is $3.00 off in a month.

GaryKD 04-27-2009 04:36 AM

Hi UPS 34,
The limit has always been there. In addition, it depends on how much one's total spending is, for the month, to determine how much the total fuel discount will be. For me, it has always been the attitude of the J more than the $s. The attitude now seems to be swinging back toward letting diesel coach owners know the J wants our business.

Olive 04-27-2009 06:02 AM

The discount came back sometime last summer for FMCA members then a short time later for everyone. It is no longer linked to spending. I like the J for convenience if I need to dump or to catch a few winks. The fuel price is usually the best in that area too.

Max Hubrich 04-27-2009 08:27 AM

I pay cash wherever I go. I see no advantage for me to get to a Flying J, which is usually out of my way in my Northeast travels. It might save me a dollar on a fillup but you must go inside the store, get in line, give them your money for authorization to pump, then pump, and then get back in line to settle up--- Forget it!! :nonono:

On the turnpikes in the North East (except NJ where the law requires no "self service") they let you pump and then pay.

When gas hit $4 bucks a gallon last summer I don't think Flying J was giving any discount -- like someone said you had to buy something else in their store to qualify.

No FJ's for this camper.

doc 04-27-2009 12:59 PM

But Max, I pay at the RV pump with a credit card and the Real Value card, get a receipt and never have to go inside. That has got to be worth something right?