iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   2004 Monaco Windsor Question.... (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2004-monaco-windsor-question-64542.html)

mykee50 03-07-2010 06:00 PM

2004 Monaco Windsor Question....

Hi Everybody, I'm new here so bare with me if I'm breaking any rules or sounding too stupid, LOL.

I'm seriously thinking of buying an 04' Windsor PST40 from a local private party original owner. It has 39K miles, in great shape, no leaks, etc. It is a full timer rig and has been since new. The owner says it has always been maintained by Monaco factory service. The only a problem is the fresh water tank sending unit doesn't work properly in the Aladdin monitoring system. The owner said Monaco told him that an exterior mount tank sensor was now available that plugs into the original wiring harness.

I'm new to big rigs. Moving up from a 28' class C Jayco. Is there anything else that I should be aware of moving up to this unit? Anything particular to Windsors to look out for? Is this the right place to ask? If not, please provide a link for me. The owner is offering a very attractive price.

Oh, and one last question, is there a place in the Seattle area to get this rig checked out both mechanically and system wide?

Thanks, Mike & Diane, Issaquah, WA

MonacoMama 03-08-2010 01:23 AM

mykee50...First of all- welcome to iRV2 and the Monaco Forum! :clap: I would suggest that you print out the PDI checklist here in this post.. for reference if nothing else.

The Windsor is probably one of the better coaches you can find...so I wouldn't have any problems with the rig if the price is right.

As far as the Aladdin... See-Level does have an "add-on" that will work as a plug -in.

Good Luck on your soon to be "new to you" Windsor :thumb: Make sure you join the Monaco Owners Club when you get the rig!! :D

mykee50 03-08-2010 10:55 AM

Thanks MM

Thanks, I printed those out. It should be very helpful. Mike :thumb:

Also did you a link to the See-Level website?

Mandys Man 03-08-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykee50 (Post 610939)
Thanks, I printed those out. It should be very helpful. Mike :thumb:

Also did you a link to the See-Level website?

Here ya go

CoCoDave 03-09-2010 06:40 AM

Infinity Coach, Sumner, WA

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykee50 (Post 610660)
Hi Everybody, I'm new here so bare with me...

Oh, and one last question, is there a place in the Seattle area to get this rig checked out both mechanically and system wide?

Thanks, Mike & Diane, Issaquah, WA

Mike,

The previous owners of our coach had it serviced at Infinity Coach, 1710 Fryar Ave., Sumner, WA 98390.

253-891-0879

The previous owners were happy with Infinity's service and we are happy with the condition of the coach. I called Infinity to confirm that the maintenance claimed by the previous owner had indeed been done and they were very cooperative in giving me dates and services performed. They sounded like a stand-up outfit. I'd be trying them but they are over 100 miles away from us here in Sequim.

Good luck with your deal.

mykee50 03-10-2010 10:38 AM

Thanks everybody. Dave I see Poulsbo RV in Kent is now a Monaco Repair Shop. Are you familiar with them? Mike

CoCoDave 03-11-2010 06:02 AM

Sorry, Mike, I've no experience with Poulsbo RV. As it happens, I'll probably continue to use Cummins Northwest Coach Care in Coburg, OR. They are just across the road from the Monaco plant.

So far they've been competent, efficient, friendly, and accommodating.

We go by there at least four times per year. They have "camping" with water and 50 amp service in their parking lot. And while there's no sewer hook-up, they do have a dump station.

I know that does not meet your current need but if you go south very often Cummins NW in Coburg might be a place to consider for ongoing service.

Hope your Windsor deal turns out well!

rcuffe 03-14-2010 06:58 PM

Monico Windor 40PST For Sale

I am considering selling my 2004 Monico Windsor 40PST, 400HP Cummins, 6 speed Allison Transmission, w/3 slides, 55,000 miles and in excellent condition. I am looking at buying a new 42' Tiffin.

Can I ask how much they are asking for the Monaco you are looking at. I was going to list mine for $ 115,000.

Robert

robert@cuffe.us

Hi Everybody, I'm new here so bare with me if I'm breaking any rules or sounding too stupid, LOL.

I'm seriously thinking of buying an 04' Windsor PST40 from a local private party original owner. It has 39K miles, in great shape, no leaks, etc. It is a full timer rig and has been since new. The owner says it has always been maintained by Monaco factory service. The only a problem is the fresh water tank sending unit doesn't work properly in the Aladdin monitoring system. The owner said Monaco told him that an exterior mount tank sensor was now available that plugs into the original wiring harness.

I'm new to big rigs. Moving up from a 28' class C Jayco. Is there anything else that I should be aware of moving up to this unit? Anything particular to Windsors to look out for? Is this the right place to ask? If not, please provide a link for me. The owner is offering a very attractive price.

Thanks, Mike & Diane, Issaquah, WA[/QUOTE]

rcuffe 03-14-2010 06:58 PM

I am considering selling my 2004 Monico Windsor 40PST, 400HP Cummins, 6 speed Allison Transmission, w/3 slides, 55,000 miles and in excellent condition. I am looking at buying a new 42' Tiffin.

Can I ask how much they are asking for the Monaco you are looking at. I was going to list mine for $ 115,000.

Robert

robert@cuffe.us