iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Alpine Coach Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Extended warranties (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/extended-warranties-6457.html)

Rick Coleman 04-07-2007 10:53 AM

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, and I have read the previous threads concerning extended warranties. My 1-year warranty is coming to an end in June and I am wrestling with whether or not to pursue getting an extended warranty. I'm interested in your recent experiences with different warranty companys as regards payment for coverage when needed, as well as the cost of these policys. I know one person who thinks US Warranty Corp. is the way to go, but that's just one opinion and he has yet to need to use the coverage. Thanks

Rick Coleman 04-07-2007 10:53 AM

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, and I have read the previous threads concerning extended warranties. My 1-year warranty is coming to an end in June and I am wrestling with whether or not to pursue getting an extended warranty. I'm interested in your recent experiences with different warranty companys as regards payment for coverage when needed, as well as the cost of these policys. I know one person who thinks US Warranty Corp. is the way to go, but that's just one opinion and he has yet to need to use the coverage. Thanks

SteveS 04-08-2007 04:45 PM

Rick - I haven't used them but I have talked to about a half dozen other people in the past that has and they all liked "Warranty Experts"
http://www.warrantyexperts.com/
They advertise that you get your money back at the end of the warranty period if you don't make a claim on it.

Rick Coleman 04-09-2007 06:06 AM

Thanks for the tip

Dave Fernandez 04-09-2007 08:27 PM

Hello Rick:

You might want to check out Good Sam Clubs CSP plan for an extended warranty.

Gary M. Smith 04-09-2007 09:32 PM

Rick,
You might want to check out Interstate's StarRV; Platinum or Platinum Plus coverage. They paid for about half my work to repair the bedroom slide on my coach. Interstate at (800) 942-0400 or www.inds.com. I had CSP on my 5th wheel for 10 years and none of my repairs (which truly were not extensive) ever qualified for coverage. Best bet is to check with your repair shops; they know who pays and who does not!

Trehcub 04-10-2007 06:06 AM

When looking at extended service contracts you need to see if the policy is inclusive or exclusive.
The Exclusive is considered the better policy. It list what is not covered.

The inclusive list what is covered.

OldForester 04-10-2007 08:21 AM

Rick,

I got an extended warranty from Monaco Coach Corporation when I bought my coach because the dealer also sold Holiday Ramblers. I haven't used it yet but the dealer tells me he has few issues getting reimbursed for work he does under their extended warranty. This might be another place to look.

Cedar41 04-12-2007 03:05 AM

We have Good Sams. They did pay for our brake problem last year. Had to argue about some charges but they did pay the rest.

Fly'n Paws 04-23-2007 02:57 PM

We had Good Sam CSP for about 6 months and they refused to pay for anything we submitted. Even things that were said to be covered during our initial conversation when we purchased the plan. I finally asked them to pull the tapes of the conversation to prove that we were told some items would be covered. They did and they refunded our fees for the rest of the plan.

Fly'n Paws
2005 Alpine Avalanche
Dodge Dakota Toad

Starship 04-24-2007 12:59 PM

Bought ours through Warranty Experts (www.warrantyexperts.com). They are more of a broker and I think the actual re-insurance company is MBA.

When I bought mine they had a clause that said if we didn't have any claims during the policy period then they would refund all our dollars.

We have had two claims totaling about $1,000. The dealer says they have been fairly easy to work with and that he couldn't say that about very many of these companies.

Good Luck