iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Happy happy happy!! (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/happy-happy-happy-64646.html)

FATMANAR 03-09-2010 10:42 PM

Happy happy happy!!

Got a call today from the SS office advising me that my claim had been approved and will be recieving my first SS check in April! Only one other thing, the big D, to complete and I will be on the road fulltime and not just living in mine fulltime:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::rofl:

RVee'r 03-10-2010 01:14 PM

Way to go... I'm very happy for you! I hope you enjoy every second! :thumb:

Bob

dajudge 03-10-2010 02:00 PM

Happy Happy Happy

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATMANAR (Post 611575)
Got a call today from the SS office advising me that my claim had been approved and will be recieving my first SS check in April! Only one other thing, the big D, to complete and I will be on the road fulltime and not just living in mine fulltime:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::rofl:

Great FAt. I hope you have better luck than me. Because I am retired on public pensions, soc sec screwed me out of my full pay. I was left with $39 after medicare deduction.:banghead:

FATMANAR 03-10-2010 03:48 PM

dajudge, because I was self employed for so long I will be getting a nice check. It's making the fulltime on the road change much more affordable. I have a small retirement check and a check from the VA to go along with it. Happy trails...

read & learn 03-14-2010 09:51 AM

dajudge
I'm in the same ball park thanks to Pres. Regan, but his bill law at least allowed me to receive a % of SS based on work other than main job [firefighter]. Police and Fire Departments did not pay into SS in New Jersey until about 10-15 years ago.
There is a small time period of workers [Police and Fire] that got the shaft while others got the gold.

CLIFFTALL 03-14-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATMANAR (Post 611575)

My happy day is coming in Sept.

Cliff:dance::dance::dance:

JCOLLINS 03-17-2010 07:20 AM

Miles to cross for sure. Hope you come across few wild hogs coming across your way when going full time!!

donald1 03-17-2010 06:16 PM

hi there,
i am very joining you in this thread as i am new in this forum.

Ryegal 04-03-2010 10:59 AM

congrats

:dance: where you going first?:whistling::thumb:

1oleman 04-03-2010 11:18 AM

Congrats.I was notified that effective Mar1,2010 I'm fully retired. Yea!! Got screwed by two unions and donot get the retirement promised when I worked with them. Their problem,wasn't going to get that much anyway. Oh yes,my wife left me just after,happy days are here!!!

FATMANAR 04-03-2010 11:42 AM

I spent springbreak in Jonesboro with 3 of my 4 grandbabies for the entire week. I stayed in a city camp ground called Craigwood Forest. What a nice place for a senior price of 10 bucks a day the 7th had being free. I am back at my base camp and am finishing my custom table for the A. I took the booth and couch out and put in two leather chairs and now am finishing up my oak table for the dining area. Going to the Ozark National Forest next week for a week of 4 wheeling and then back for my last court date of the big D. It sure is nice not having a place that I have to be at. I have made reservation at the Emeral Beach CG in Navane, Fl. for june and that will be a two week trip before heading north and then west for the rest of the summer. I have worked since I was 15 and if sure seems like it is going to pay off afterall!!! Happy Trails..

steelheadbluesman 04-03-2010 11:56 AM

Congrats to you all for getting to retirement and getting on the road. :thumb: Happy days and happy trails. There's adventure around the next bend and new friends in the next small town. :dance:

haulinhazmat 04-04-2010 10:56 AM

My biggest problem with retirement was learning to be a "non-productive member of society" once I learned that every thing else came easy. I learned that 10 years ago.:dance:

kaykaydee 04-08-2010 08:12 PM

part of this retirement scenario is learning that we are not 'washed up' and useless. Trying to convince the DH about this is another problem