iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   Another TV question (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/another-tv-question-68625.html)

badge2283 05-24-2010 07:35 PM

Another TV question

I have a problem with my new TV. The issue I have is that the paperwork the CG hands out has channel numers such as 2,4, 12, 15, etc. My new TV has numbers that display such as 2-1 , 17-1, 17-2. So they don't match. If I look at the paper TV guide and it says that my program is on channel 4, and I use the remote and set 4 or 04 it goes to 4 or which ever channel I inputted, it goes to snow. If I channel surf I might find my program on channel 15-2. Is there some way to get the numbers to match the news paper guide?

Bill Adams 05-24-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badge2283 (Post 645957)
I have a problem with my new TV. The issue I have is that the paperwork the CG hands out has channel numers such as 2,4, 12, 15, etc. My new TV has numbers that display such as 2-1 , 17-1, 17-2. So they don't match. If I look at the paper TV guide and it says that my program is on channel 4, and I use the remote and set 4 or 04 it goes to 4 or which ever channel I inputted, it goes to snow. If I channel surf I might find my program on channel 15-2. Is there some way to get the numbers to match the news paper guide?

You must run the TV's channel scan each time you arrive at a new location. Channel 4.1 in Kansas is not the same as channel 4.1 in CA. Numbers are assigned to different frequencies with the new digital service. Just run the scan and you will be able to see what channels are available in your area.

azloafer 05-24-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badge2283 (Post 645957)
I have a problem with my new TV. The issue I have is that the paperwork the CG hands out has channel numbers such as 2,4, 12, 15, etc. My new TV has numbers that display such as 2-1 , 17-1, 17-2. So they don't match. If I look at the paper TV guide and it says that my program is on channel 4, and I use the remote and set 4 or 04 it goes to 4 or which ever channel I inputted, it goes to snow. If I channel surf I might find my program on channel 15-2. Is there some way to get the numbers to match the news paper guide?

We have the same problem and can't figure out what channel we are on. We wonder if this will be straightened out in time? Maybe some high tech RVer will have the answer? Joe

texnet 05-24-2010 08:22 PM

Channel 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and etc refer to the older analog channels which is what cable at CGs, VCRs, DVD players and etc will use. Channels 4-1, 5-1, and etc refer to the newer digital channels which is what you will pickup using your outside antenna. Most newer digital TVs have the ability to receive analog channels. The TV has multiple inputs and two of those inputs are tuners. One tuner for analog channels and one for digital channels. Use your INPUT button on the remote to move through the different selections until you find the analog channels, then you can tune to channels such as 4, 5, 6, .....