iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   National RV Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/)
-   -   Power control panel ? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/power-control-panel-80732.html)

bigdog 12-05-2010 10:14 AM

Power control panel ?

While we were on our trip to Vegas,I had two small electric heaters plugged into the curbside AC sockets one night,one in the dinette and the other in the bedroom and when I turned one to high,it blew the circuit.I was on a fifty amp service.I thought it was a bad GFI socket,so I changed that out and it wasn't.I then retried all the circuit breakers on the main AC panel inside and checked everything outside.Nothing.I then noticed that one of the switches on the inverter box was one way and the other was the other way and so slid them the same way and everything worked again.
BUT,now I don't show AC in on the panel inside,battery condition only that the inverter is working and the power level input lights.So,what did I do wrong? I have tried the switches again,but it still didn't do it and the manual doesn't show what the switch positions should be and both are set at AC out.Yes,the house battery are evidently getting a charge.

Vegasdan 12-05-2010 10:46 AM

Hope you had a good time in Vegas. We were so busy with family that weekend I couldn't make it over to where you were. Now, on to your problem. Go to your inverter and find the phone cord that is hooked into the same side of the inverter that the 2 breakers are. There should be 2 of these phone type cords, one is labled remote and one is TSC. Unplug the Remote cord and wait a couple minutes then plug it back in. This should restore your reading on the panel. Hope this helps. Dan

Fred and Bonnie 12-05-2010 12:23 PM

Another thought, while our Dolphin has 50A power, the ac circuits are 30A. The best way is to determine which outlets are connected to each CB or use outlets on the oposite sides of the coach.

Fred

bigdog 12-05-2010 04:47 PM

Thanks for the answers..
Dan,I did get a bit of sightseeing on my own,but that was about it. Everytime I had something planned,something else came up.I did get up into Red Rock for most of the PM on Mon or Tues and it was CROWDED. It was also VERY windy and the wind chill must have been below freezing. Git a nice run up Willow Canyon in the Trailblazer and am realizing that it's not a real 4X4 like I'm used to.It did a good job,but the approach and leaving clearances aren't what I am used too,even in my old Excursion.Made one run down the strip,but didn't stop anywhere and was really upset that I didn't get to the dam..

TXiceman 12-05-2010 04:54 PM

Your interior circuits are 15 to 20 amp breakers. You cannot run 2 1500 watt heaters on a 15 or 20 amp circuit.

Best thing to do is find our which circuits are on one breaker and wich ones are on another breaker.

When I up graded my old trailer from 30 amps to 50 amps, I added a separate 20 amp breaker on a ground fault and put one plug in the bath area and and another in an outside bay. Your 50 amp power has two 50 amp circuits. Make sure you put one heater on one circuit and the other circuit get the other heater.

Ken

bigdog 12-05-2010 08:33 PM

Yeh,that's what I discovered. :facepalm: I had them both on a 20 amp circuit and it worked fine all night,but when I got up,I flipped the one in the front of the MH to high and that's all she wrote. :banghead:

bigdog 12-08-2010 08:16 PM

Thankyou Vegas Dan.... It's working again.

Vegasdan 12-09-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 749730)
Thankyou Vegas Dan.... It's working again.

I'll pass the thanks to the guy who told me how to do this, Theberrys. I could'nt figure out why my panel was doing this so I called Dick and he lead me through it.