iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   PAQ level question (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/paq-level-question-8970.html)

Ed S 09-12-2007 02:45 PM

I have a Holiday Rambler Endeaver PAQ. I have noticed the curbe side is lower than the road side. (distance between top of tire and body) I have had it in for sevice and they tell me the coach is level. The distance between the air bags are well within Monico standard. The repair shop could not explain why there is a difference other than maybe the body is on the the frame uneven. I put a level bubble on both front and back outside and that is level. I have not put a level bubble on floor inside yet since I still have to pick the coach up. Any ideas???? Are other PAQ's the same way??? There must me a good 2 inch difference in space between top of tire and wheel wells on the road to curb side.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Ed S 09-12-2007 02:45 PM

I have a Holiday Rambler Endeaver PAQ. I have noticed the curbe side is lower than the road side. (distance between top of tire and body) I have had it in for sevice and they tell me the coach is level. The distance between the air bags are well within Monico standard. The repair shop could not explain why there is a difference other than maybe the body is on the the frame uneven. I put a level bubble on both front and back outside and that is level. I have not put a level bubble on floor inside yet since I still have to pick the coach up. Any ideas???? Are other PAQ's the same way??? There must me a good 2 inch difference in space between top of tire and wheel wells on the road to curb side.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Mbl Cndo 09-12-2007 03:08 PM

Just curious, but when you measure, how much is it actually off, right to left?

Robin_M 09-12-2007 03:23 PM

Ed,

If one side of your coach was 2" higher than the other, I would think that you could see that it was not level just by standing back and looking at the back of the coach. Does it look unlevel? I'd guess probably not because you already said a bubble level showed it to be true.

I would physically measure your air bags at full ride height on both sides, with the coach firmly on smooth level ground. If the front ones are different, you've got a problem in the air system because there is only one adjustment point. The rear bags can be adjusted individually. If the right and left air bags are the same, and if your tire diameters are the same, then I would think the coach has to be level regardless of how much room is above the tire.

ronboc 09-13-2007 01:36 PM

Congrats on the PAQ, first of all! An awesome floorplan!

I'm curious too, Ed S. I watched them build the coaches (including PAQ's) and there doesn't seem to be much leeway for it to be built uneven. It all starts on a flat factory-floor and is built-up on a jig, which would seem to take out the tolerances. Where did you actually measure from/to?

I have an '06 PAQ, and don't have the lean that you're seeing. In fact, I had it 4-corner weighed recently, and was surprised at how even it was all loaded (overall weight was a different story http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/scared.gif however!).

Have you parked the coach on a measured-level area, and then checked the lean? I notice that mine will look like it's leaning to one side/end, but then when it's again on level-ground seems to go back to normal.

Let us know what you find.
Ron

Ed S 09-13-2007 02:39 PM

Thanks guys for your response and interest. I will have to respond back on measurements next week. I have the coach parked in my driveway right now but it has a bit of a slope so next week I will have to park on a more level surface. Yesterday at the truck repair place it was on what I think rather level blacktop and the lean was apparent. I called Monoco hotline today and talked with Ron, Nice guy, he too cannot figure out why it may be leaning but as to be with the air bags. I thought of something when I was on the phone with him. I dont think my fresh water tank drains as much as it should because I notice the last two times the gauge shows 1/3 and I would drive with the drain valve open it then will drop to E. A lean to curbside?? I think so. Anyways seems I will be taking it into another repair shop either next week or week after. I will keep you all posted. Have a short weekend trip planned and need to load up tonight.
Take care all.

Ed S 10-01-2007 04:35 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all. After having the coach in for the 2nd time regarding the lean to the cub side it is still off. I did measure from ground to floor and ground to wheel well opening both resulted in one inch. I am sure much better than the first time it was in but still not happy. The repair place states body has a slight twist. Maybe I am expecting to much!! I have noticed at times when I stop the coach and get out, as I walk down the outside steps air will leak out. I have one more trip planned for this year before having my hail damage repaired and putting away for the winter. At that time I will have another shop take a look at it.