iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   My New Tiffin Breeze - Mike Mas (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/my-new-tiffin-breeze-mike-mas-94726.html)

Dedie 06-21-2011 08:01 PM

Thanks for the ideas---think I will have hubby move or vac as well----we have made some modifications to ours as well...any ideas of what o do with the plumbing pipes that partially block the passenger slide out?? We have passed 12 mpg while towing and average has been about 11.8 and that is after almost 6000 miles--we love our breeze and are hopeful that as it breaks in we may average over 12--
compared to our previous 36 footer which got 8 on a good day, we are thrilled. Think about it, many suvs on the road don't get more than 15 mpg!!

tom 6118 06-21-2011 08:11 PM

OK.....how much?

Idleup 06-23-2011 07:26 AM

With regard to the vent pipe it can be moved to the wall, for some reason the installer was lazy and did not want to move the drill over.bas I mentioned the vent pipe just goes under the coach, I'm on a trip now but when I get back I'll invest age moving it out of the way alltogether.

When I get pulled over for a night I ll report on the new Allison transmission module I installed before this trip which allows you to downshift all 6 gears in the transmission instead of just only being able to shift Down to 4th.

Thanks

Mike

Sumar 06-23-2011 08:10 AM

Great Mike thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing about the transmission. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Sue

Idleup 06-24-2011 06:29 PM

Needless to say while driving home and going through so mountains in GA and VA when I found out that when I hit the up down arrows all the transmission did was to only downshift to 4th gear I was really disappointed. I never owned a motorhome that I could not down shift the transmission.

I immediately called Tiffin and found out the Allison guy was programming modules. In a few days mine arrived in time for this trip and I installed it myself. While the mode still does not work, I am able to shift and hold any gear I like now. Right after I installed it, she did shift rough going into 4 & 5 gears however after 30 minutes or so the adaptive system learned what it needed to and started shifting very smooth again.

By the way the module is located on the frame directly adjacent the transmission on the passenger side. There is three bolts that hold it to the bracket and one bolt that secures the plug to the module. Be sure to keep your old module until you put some miles on the coach just in case there is problem you can switch it back. Make sure you use some jack stands under the hitch for safety since a sudden loss of air pressure will instantly lower the coach while you are under it.

Enjoy

Mike

Idleup 06-25-2011 09:23 PM

Quick question for any Breeze owners - are you having any squeak or popping sounds from your slide as the coach is moving? Mine was squeaking and now it making a wood creaking sound (driving me nuts).

They went with a new slide system on the Breeze which uses four motors to draw the slide in. I read somewhere the motors are in the wall itself!

Thanks

Sumar 06-26-2011 04:04 PM

Mike if you go on the TRVN board, (the Tiffin Board), there are quite a few Breeze owners that are having a DS squeek, rattle problem. There is evidentally a fix for it, placing a bracket in a certain place. Red Bay factory would mail one to your dealer with instructions where to install it.

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login
Sue

Idleup 06-28-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumar (Post 888889)
Mike if you go on the TRVN board, (the Tiffin Board), there are quite a few Breeze owners that are having a DS squeek, rattle problem. There is evidentally a fix for it, placing a bracket in a certain place. Red Bay factory would mail one to your dealer with instructions where to install it.

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login
Sue

Thanks for the link I posted some info on that board as well.!

Mike

Idleup 06-28-2011 10:20 AM

I know there's a lot of chatter concerning both the unwanted noise and most of all how the new in-wall Schwintek slide wall system works. I recommend that all you Breeze (Tiffin) owners using this system to watch this video since it provides an insight on how the system works, to include how to override the electronics system and also how to manually disengage the motors should you be stuck somewhere with the room open.

Also, should you have problems the phone number for Schwintek 1-866-524-7821

YouTube - ‪Schwintek In-Wall Slide System (Trouble Shooting Tips) By Lippert Components.‬‏

YouTube - ‪Understanding A Schwintek In-Wall Slide System‬‏

Here's a PDF manual for the Breeze slide - (thanks to Bill) I highly recommend that you print this and keep it in your coach where in the event of a failure, you'll have two options (electrical and mechanical) to push the room back in.

http://www.rotory.com/rv/breeze/breezeslide.pdf

Enjoy

Mike

Cthayer5 07-30-2011 03:05 PM

Tiffin Breeze 32 BR

We are having the transmission reprogrammed in our Breeze next week to correct the problems with downshifting. Can anyone advise on how this will affect mpg?

Thanks!! (Love this site!)

Christi

DriVer 07-30-2011 07:06 PM

Hey guys ... if you want to read and see more about your MaxxForce7 engine in the Tiffin Breeze ... please visit My Blog.

MaxxForce® Engine Plant Tour - Part 3

;)

gkgeiger 09-22-2011 04:52 PM

New guy here. I'd like to revive this thread since I'm really hot for one of these. I think I know the good, what I want to hear is the bad. Then I can determine if I can live with it. I'm moving up from a Navion Sprinter which I love, but my needs have changed. I need more room. I don't expect the same MPG but I would hope that it pulls as strong as my Sprinter, and it rides and handles well. I have been amazed at how well that little 3.0lt V6 diesel works. It rarely has to down shift on any hill pulling a trailer. I cruise at 65 mph on the Interstates and it easily maintanes 62-63 up hill. I know this sounds like an MB commercial but I just want you to know what I'm comparing to.

Idleup 09-23-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkgeiger (Post 965248)
New guy here. I'd like to revive this thread since I'm really hot for one of these. I think I know the good, what I want to hear is the bad. Then I can determine if I can live with it. I'm moving up from a Navion Sprinter which I love, but my needs have changed. I need more room. I don't expect the same MPG but I would hope that it pulls as strong as my Sprinter, and it rides and handles well. I have been amazed at how well that little 3.0lt V6 diesel works. It rarely has to down shift on any hill pulling a trailer. I cruise at 65 mph on the Interstates and it easily maintanes 62-63 up hill. I know this sounds like an MB commercial but I just want you to know what I'm comparing to.

There's no doubt the Breeze has some issues to work out but there's really no other choice in a small pusher. While the slide is driving me nuts - I leaned a few tricks to keep somewhat quieter. Other than that, if you like Sprinter then you'll love the Breeze - its a real diesel pusher without the hassles of a giant box going down the road - it's only 11 high = 8 feet wide and 26 feet long - you can go places you even dream about in a normal coach. It's like your Sprinter except you're not bumping into walls to trying to use the thing.

Thanks - Mike

Sumar 09-23-2011 08:02 AM

Gkgeiger..keep in mind there are 2 breeze models..the 28 and the 32, neither of those numbers reflecting the actual length of the units.
I have the 32 , and believe it is 2" over the 33 mark.
Like all first year models, there are challenges to overcome. One is the noisy DS. I have one of the " fixes"', and although I travel over some pretty horrible road conditions, for the most part it is quiet.
It seems like we've all had some QA issues, which Tiffin on the most part is there to help you solve.
I am not very knowledgeable about engine power, and torque, but I'm sure some of the guys will chime in..there is another thread on this board re: breeze power going up hills which you might like to read.
The bedroom is " tight" no matter which model you choose. However the 32 does have a bit more storage space.
I have been told the 32 does handle differently than the 28. I don't know, as I've never driven a 28 so can't compare. However there are changes being made continuously on the production line so I do think they are working some " bugs" out.
Sorry I can't really disclose any " bad" stuff. Besides the noisy slides and some scattered QA matters, I feel there is not much to not love.
The engine power is less than the 40 ft. DP I had before, and there are no exhaust brakes, but so far all has been okay. A gal with a 28 just did a 3500 mile trip foam California thru B C, and she was happy the way her " baby" handled.
It does have a wimpy " bicycle " horn, no Hadley horns...:sad:
Good luck with your research,
Sue