iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Anyone out there with a PAQ and a Combo W/D? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/anyone-out-there-with-a-paq-and-a-combo-w-d-9510.html)

Mbl Cndo 09-05-2007 10:06 AM

I need some info on your plumbing...

Mbl Cndo 09-05-2007 10:06 AM

I need some info on your plumbing...

MonacoMama 09-05-2007 11:30 AM

You may want to PM Ronboc...He is the only one thatI have noticed having a PAQ...
Good Luck...

ronboc 09-05-2007 04:01 PM

Uhhhh, that'd be me, yes. Kinda personal, though, if you ask me. You haven't even bought me a drink yet, big fella. http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/love.gif

Now that I got that out of my system, how can I help? http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/action.gif

(thanks, 'Mama)

Ed S 09-05-2007 04:10 PM

I also have a PAQ without the w/d. If I can help let me know.

teofff 09-05-2007 04:28 PM

Thanks for jumpin on that Ronboc http://irv2.infopop.cc/groupee_commo...n_rolleyes.gif
My plumbing sure aint what it used to be http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/eek5.gif

Mbl Cndo 09-05-2007 05:26 PM

Our w/d was installed after-the-fact by an authorized Monaco service center, but all the necessary plumbing was there courtesy of Monaco. We are getting gray tank odor from the cabinet. In looking into back of the w/d cabinet from the cubby-hole inside the closet, I see one main drain coming up from the floor with a branch off of that pipe that has the trap. As far as I can see the w/d drain hose is simply shoved into the trap side of the drain with out any cover. There's no sewer vent to the roof either. I was able to lessen the smell by manually filling the trap, but the smell continues. I reckon I'm wondering how everyone else's is plumbed.

ronboc 09-06-2007 06:53 AM

Mine is pretty much the same way, except for one of those under-cabinet type 'flapper' vents that is at the top of a pipe coming right up next to that little cubby-hole. In other words, where you said "...main drain coming up from the floor with a branch off of that pipe that has the trap...", that's where my vent-pipe also comes up from.

Coming from the W/D, my drain-hose does loop way up and then down (to reduce backwash, I guess) into the PVC-pipe, which then goes a little further to the right where it connects to the trap and also that vertical pipe for the flapper-vent. That pipe then exits to the right, under the closet, and around to the road-side.

If you do have the flapper, the rubber flap might have gotten twisted or torn. My bathroom area had always smelled bad til I got under there to see what had leaked, expecting to see gray-water puddles, but it turned out to be the flapper in that vent line had gotten twisted (probably when it was made) and wasn't sealing like it should.

Does yours have that pipe and cap?

ronboc 09-06-2007 06:56 AM

Hi Ed S -

Welcome, again. Glad you're here. Let us know how things are going with y'all, and be sure to let me know when you want to sign up as a Monaco Forum member.

Thanks!
Ron

Mbl Cndo 09-06-2007 03:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ronboc:
Mine is pretty much the same way, except for one of those under-cabinet type 'flapper' vents that is at the top of a pipe coming right up next to that little cubby-hole. In other words, where you said "...main drain coming up from the floor with a branch off of that pipe that has the trap...", that's where my vent-pipe also comes up from.

Coming from the W/D, my drain-hose does loop way up and then down (to reduce backwash, I guess) into the PVC-pipe, which then goes a little further to the right where it connects to the trap and also that vertical pipe for the flapper-vent. That pipe then exits to the right, under the closet, and around to the road-side.

If you do have the flapper, the rubber flap might have gotten twisted or torn. My bathroom area had always smelled bad til I got under there to see what had leaked, expecting to see gray-water puddles, but it turned out to be the flapper in that vent line had gotten twisted (probably when it was made) and wasn't sealing like it should.

Does yours have that pipe and cap? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, here's what I have... from the floor, there is a 2" black PVC pipe extending up about 2 feet. On the top of that pipe there is a screw-on cap (that appears to be glued on) that has two square holes on opposing sides. Extending mid-way up that pipe is a secondary 2" PVC pipe branching out that contains the "trap". The top of the trap is above the primary pipe by a few inches. That's the pipe the drain hose is loosely shoved into. The 2" sewer pipe probably has a 1 " ID and the drain hose is about " OD, so you can tell it fits very loosely. Like yours, the actual drain hose loops high then low then into the secondary pipe that has the trap. Where the drain hose goes into the secondary pipe is open. To alleviate the smell I covered the two square holes in the cap of the primary pipe with, what else, duct tape. I then filled the secondary pipe until the trap was ostensibly full. I still could smell some sewer gas, but not one heck of a lot.

At no point do either of the pipes egress the MH and I do not see any type of flap. The only thing containing a flap and/or egressing the MH is the vent from the dryer itself.

Hope I haven't confused you. I tried to take a few shots, but the darn flash on the digital wouldn't work! *sigh* what ever happened to trustworthy blue dot flash bulbs?

ronboc 09-07-2007 04:23 AM

heh-heh-heh, blue dot flash bulbs, I remember them too. But if you used them, how are you going to stick the resulting polaroids to the forum? (reminds me of the secretary-joke and white-out on her/his pc-screen...)

The overall pipe-routing sounds a bit different, but the end-goal seems to be the same. I guess I wasn't too clear in explaining, since your description is much better, but the flapper resides inside that screw-on cap with the 2 holes and that's what I was trying to say.

That cap 'should' be screw-on and not glued (but ya can never tell). Try to unscrew that, and then see if the rubber flapper on the underside is still making contact all the way around and will move with pressure changes. It's supposed to act like a gasket/valve and close to prevent excess pressure (and sewer smells) from exhausting into the room but open to allow suction to draw air down into the pipe. I bet that's where you're gonna find the problem.

You may have to get a new flapper/cap and piece of pipe to replace the other one if it is glued-on.

Good idea in any case to close off most all of the place (duct-tape to the rescue!) where the W/D drains into the PVC pipe, no sense is letting any extra smells loose.

HTH,
Ron