Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #43

New 2013 Evergreen Element 24sk owner here. Took mine out for the first real road trip this weekend and sounds like I noticed many of the same issues people have addressed. This also happens to be my first camper and so I am learning both.

1.) On the way to our camp site, the fresh water tank popped out and I drug it a 50 miles till I stopped for a drink. Anyone know who made this tank? I am sure I can make a different one fit. Would just be easier to buy a replacement.

2.) My awning does not go quite all the way in. It sticks out probably about a 1/2-3/4". How do I adjust that slack out?

3.) Probably in reference to #1. When I added fresh water, i screwed in my pressure regulator. How do you know when the tank is full?

4.) Anyone have a owners manual I could look at?
pktrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #44

Checking in as new owners of a '13 19 foot ascend. No trips or issues to report as we bought it last fall and have not had a camping weekend yet. Rain every weekend we have time! But the design and quality of the trailer are impressive. Looking forward to some great trips.
TIME2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #45

Element issues

Hello....hoping things are looking better for you this morning.
1.Wow! I have not heard of the fresh water tank just falling out. Most likely, Evergreen did not manufacturer it as they, like more RV manufacturers, outsource most items. I would suggest you search online after measuring your tank if you can. According to my information, it is a 36 gallon tank. Depending on the amount of damage, it's possible the tank could be repaired. Search for a repair shop at: rvservicereviews.com
2. Your awning is most likely a Carefree of Colorado. I recommend extending the awning all the way out and rolling it back up. We're not big “awning people” so we've secured the awning using double-sided Velcro. You could also call Carefree and ask if they can offer some suggestions. You'll need the Model number and Serial number off your awning if you call Carefree.
3. Our fresh water tank has an overflow feature....when full, water spills out the top. Sounds like yours may be plugged.

4.To the best of my knowledge, Evergreen never made a specific owner's manual for the Element. You can download the generic manual at https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/E..._Manual_v2.pdf The manual is not very helpful unfortunately.

Hope this helps a bit.
Please post what you do to get your Element back on the road. Good luck.
thetravelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #46

I bought a replacement 40 gallon fresh water tank that I will run and plumb this weekend or next.

I was looking for a owners manual because the rv company I bought it from wasnt real clear on how to fill the fresh tank. I have the city connection and a switch with 4 positions. Normal, Tank, City water and something else. I do not see a normal water fill. Just to make sure I am filling it right, am I missing something.

Anyone have any life hacks for dumping the tanks? the outlet is so close to the ground, I was going to look at rotating the outlet more straight out than down and using some ramps to get some elevation in relation to where I dump.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #47

My awning is a Dometic. I dont know if it uses a encoder to locate a position or just a contact switch. I was going to look into it more sometime soon. The remove has a reset button on the back that I thought would reset it because it acts like it is trying to find home. I will let you know what I find.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:48 AM   #48

Good morning, good to read that you have at least located a replacement fresh water tank. Hope the installation goes smoothly.

The "fill" for the fresh water tank....the assembly is an "Anderson Brass 200RV" By using that for a search, you should be able to see the 4 page instructions. If not, send me a PM and I'll get them to you.

No suggestions on dumping. The early Elements had one dump valve behind the tires and the other in front of them. Later on it was changed to "swing down" version and finally to a fixed Y-Gate forward of the tires. The valves on our Element were LaSalle-Bristle, NOT Valterra. Regardless, no easy task dumping. I extended the T-handles using Valterra extensions and a short clear 3-inch extension on the assemble. However, I recently changed out the entire plumbing and valves to Valterra,,,,note to self: Do NOT try off roading with the Element!

Sounds like you are on the right track with the awning. As mentioned, ours is a Carefree unit and NOT powered...
Old 05-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #49

Thanks for the info, Found the manual and makes sense. One last question.

1.) How do you know when the tank is full with this type of system?
Old 05-31-2019, 05:28 AM   #50

Fresh water fill

1.) How do you know when the tank is full with this type of system?

Good morning, on our Element, there is a one way (I assume) overflow valve on top of the fresh water tank. When the tank is full, water comes pouring out from the tank.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #51

Last question. Is there a inverter tucked away somewhere that I dont see? My TV doesn't work on battery power and I intend on changing that. I will replace the one if it doesnt work or install one if it doesnt have one.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #52

No, there is not inverter. I bought an inexpensive one....I think from Amazon.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:37 AM   #53

Just back from the first weekend in a 2013 19ERD and we found a few minor issues with the trailer. The tank gages are way off. Fresh water showed empty and there was still enough water for a shower, 2 loads of dishes and still enough for 5 minutes with the sink on before dumping grey water. Grey tank showed 3/4 full after the whole fresh water tank was empty.
Is this gage inaccuracy typical? Never had an RV with working gages, I would fill the fresh tank and drain grey when there was no more water to use.

The fridge is amazing. Kept everything ice cold.

I saw that there is a quick connect for propane and went to the RV store for a hose that would fit that to our little grill that uses disposable bottles. Store guy told me it wouldn't work as the grill has a regulator and the trailer has one too so the flow in the grill would be inadequate. Any experience with this?

Overall pretty happy with the trailer. A few minor tweeks before the next trip but while small inside it is comfortable and an easy tow. Campers next to us had a new 29 foot airstream and he was checking us out! I was flattered, as his cost 10X more.
TIME2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #54

2012 Element ET24 SW

Just purchased mine today! So excited. But completely a newbie! Does anyone have an owners manual? Can't seem to find much on these, and if I do it's for the SK model. Curious if the lounge/seat makes into a bed on this one. Doesn't seem like it would?
darc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:03 AM   #55

Welcome,
I own the 26SRK and yes the bench seat folds up to create a small sleeping area for a small adult or child.
Jeff and Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #56

Evergreen Owners Club
Range Hood Exhaust Vent

I have a Sun Valley 32RL and need to purchase a new range hood exhaust vent. I ordered one from e-trailer.com but it is too small for the opening. Does anyone know the make for it and where I can purchase?

Tags
element, evergreen