Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #1

Question Missing a fuse?

I have a '95 HR Endeavor Le 34CB on a F53 chassis. On my way back from a trip last week while dumping my black tank my Sanicon pump, Kwickee steps and my Fantastic fan all quit working at the same time! I've checked the fuses behind the mirror, under the hood, and on top of the dash. All look good. I can hear the magnetic reed switch for the steps tripping (and the step light is on). I can also hear the thermostat up in the fan working. Is there something i'm missing. It seems weird that they would all quit at the same time. Seems like a common fuse but I can't find it. Any ideas out there?
Cheech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech1 View Post
I have a '95 HR Endeavor Le 34CB on a F53 chassis. On my way back from a trip last week while dumping my black tank my Sanicon pump, Kwickee steps and my Fantastic fan all quit working at the same time! I've checked the fuses behind the mirror, under the hood, and on top of the dash. All look good. I can hear the magnetic reed switch for the steps tripping (and the step light is on). I can also hear the thermostat up in the fan working. Is there something i'm missing. It seems weird that they would all quit at the same time. Seems like a common fuse but I can't find it. Any ideas out there?
Cheech1
Do you have a fuse panel which contains the fuses for the 12V house circuits and appliances?
Did you accidentally turn the "salesman switch" OFF?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #3

Yes I do. Its behind the mirror by the dinette. I checked all the fuses, they all look good. Should I check the fuses with a muli-meter?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Yes I do. Its behind the mirror by the dinette. I checked all the fuses, they all look good. Should I check the fuses with a muli-meter?

Always check fuse with a test light or a multi-meter," looks good "isn't good enough.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Always check fuse with a test light or a multi-meter, "looks good "isn't good enough.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #6

All the fuses checked out OK but I changed them anyway. Lo and behold the Fantastic Fan started working! I removed the Sani-Con pump (turns out it was frozen up. Still can't get the steps to work. I can hear a relay (?) clicking under there but no joy.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #7

This file may help with step problems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kwikee troubleshooting.pdf (392.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 05:58 AM   #8

Quote:
All the fuses checked out OK but I changed them anyway. Lo and behold the Fantastic Fan started working! I removed the Sani-Con pump (turns out it was frozen up. Still can't get the steps to work. I can hear a relay (?) clicking under there but no joy.
Cheech1
Try tapping on the step motor.
(When my 2 step Kwikee would click but not extend/lower raping on the step motor with a screw driver handle a few times would make it work).

Because it was getting to the point that I was having to tap on the motor nearly every time I wanted to extend the steps I replaced the motor with an ACI p/n 83094 window lift motor, ($41.99 from Advance Auto Parts).
Methinks the cause of the step problem was in the 12V motor itself, (maybe an armature or brush failure)?

Three bolts, (all easily accused from the bottom), hold the motor in/up... and the wire connectors on the 2 wires of the new motor wires connected to the Kwikee wires just like the wires from the original motor did...
(no wire splicing required).

Since replacing the motor the Kwikee step has worked every time.

Mel
'96 Safari

Tags
fuse, holiday rambler