Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question 2002 Holiday Rambler AC Power Issue

I have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Presidential 5th Wheel and this spring when I opened it up after the winter layover I lost power to two AC outlets that are along one wall. Both are on the slide out. I've checked the output at the circuit breaker and power is there, it's just not making it to those two outlets. I've checked all the GFCI's to see if anything may be tripped and they look fine. I also tried to contact Holiday Rambler to see if they could tell me where a junction box or a connector may be located under the unit but they didn't have any wiring diagrams going back that far.

So I'm looking for anyone that may have had their panels removed under the fiver to see if they saw where this wiring may be fed? I should have mentioned that I also metered the outlets and there's no power present. Any suggestions? I'm living with an extension cord right now. Thanks in advance!

Bob
bbdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #2

I would guess they are daisy chained and the first one has a faulty connection. This happened in ours and after I opened it up and pulled the outlet out part way it made the connection and both worked again. I did not see a bad connection but that's what it had to be. Also in a slide room. Good luck.

2012 NuWay HitchHiker 363RSBDA, 2016 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7
Old 09-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #3

Yup, they are daisy chained and it was the first place I looked for a problem. Everything was tight and no voltage present. I can see the power cable coming off the back of the breaker box and then it disappears into the under carriage of the rv. Trying to avoid tearing up the underside of the unit. Thanks for helping out...
Old 09-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
You can't always go by LOOKS on a GFCI outlet, be sure and trip the and reset them just to make sure.
Also you might pull the GFCI outlets from the wall to see if there is a loose connection there. It COULD be the the non-working outlets are downstream of the GFCI and the loose connection is there.
Also, if there is another working outlet you might pull that one to see if there is a bad connection there. This happened on a friends house (s&b), the outlet that had the problem was working fine, but everything downstream of it wasn't working because the 'out' line on the outlet was loose.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #5

Yup, those were all the things I tried and checked before posting. I did find a wiring digram showing all the common outlets tied to each breaker and the others that are connected to this same breaker are all working fine with no bad connections. It seems odd that they'd put a connector in place for these two outlets but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. They are in a slide out so they may use a connector/junction box so they can easily wire the slide out and then join it up with the rest of the RV. Still baffled....looks like I'm removing some panels underneath to take a look.

Tags
holiday rambler, power