Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #15

I've been told by oil analyst that one sample doesn't tell much. Taking samples over time will show a trend, good or bad. For instance if the tests show silicon at a certain level and the it suddenly jumps up you may have a bad air filter or an air leak in the intake system somewhere past the filter.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 05:43 AM   #16

If you use detroit diesel's lab, they usually provide you with a phone number for help interpreting the results. I found them to be very helpful.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:41 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Help Please!

I bought a 2006 HR Navigator with the 14-liter series 60 Detroit Diesel (47,000 miles). It had NOT had the coolant sensor replaced as per TSI Bulletin #161 (mentioned earlier in this thread). I sure wish I had read this post sooner and avoided this issue.
Anyway, last November my ECU fried, so I had the RV towed to the closest Detroit Diesel authorized dealership (Little Rock Arkansas). Nine weeks and $4688 later, they had replaced the ECU and had it running again. Only drove it a couple hundred miles since and it's happened again (likely because they still didn't replace the coolant level sensor, and YES, it had coolant inside the connector). But this time, it actually caught fire and burned the wiring harness. Had it towed to the same shop (in Little Rock), and they are now telling me that "it's too old to get a wiring harness for and it cannot be repaired". They actually said I need to throw the RV away and buy a newer one!! I know for a fact that trucks way older than 2006 have engine fires occasionally and "somebody" fixes the wiring.

So, here's my request - can someone PLEASE provide me with contact info for the party or parties who can fix this wiring problem? I'm out of options and don't know where to turn.
Thanks in advance for your help (and for all the wonderful advice I have gleaned from these pages over the years).
jesphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
You may already know this, but they must not be a very good shop.
The engine wiring harness came on the engine from Detroit. It's not a Monaco part.
There are lots of options out there.
Look over this Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=detr...wiring+harness

Also, you may get more response starting your own thread.
Best of luck!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:40 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Vito. I was going to start a new thread, but didn't know how. Been lurking here for years, but don't really post anything as I am new in the game and don't have much to offer.
Yes, I know they are not the best, but they're the only shop around central Arkansas that will touch a Detroit Diesel. Nobody around here wants to deal with RVs, it seems. Costs me $50/mile just to have it towed to a shop (30 miles, $1500). I have done the Google searches and recommended numerous suppliers, but the shop just keeps saying that "it won't work". I even recommended that they re-wire the one connector that is burned, but they won't do that either. Unsure how to proceed. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Eric
Old 08-01-2023, 06:51 PM   #20

The new thread button is far too small for most new members to find .

In the forum you want your thread in at the top left of the list of threads is the box to click on to start your own thread. Yellow box in screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Thread .PNG
Views:	15
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	399325  
Old 08-01-2023, 06:52 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchinRays View Post
I just joined yesterday to get some information on the Holiday Rambler Navigator I'm in the process of purchasing, and I'm having trouble finding the correct threads. When searching motorhomes, there seems to be no Holiday Rambler section - so I go to the Monaco instead - is this the correct thing to do? Also, in the power drive train section, why no Detroit Diesel section? thanks.
Assuming that everything checks out, that is likely a very very nice coach. My wife and I looked at a 2005 Navigator 45ft with the Detroit in it. Had earnest money on it but the dealer offered it to another couple that had called over that weekend and said "if they don't want it you can have it." needless to say we told them to get lost. We now have a 2008 Navigator with a 1.5bath which is a better floor plan for us. They just don't build them like this anymore.
Dieselboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:31 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
The new thread button is far too small for most new members to find .

In the forum you want your thread in at the top left of the list of threads is the box to click on to start your own thread. Yellow box in screen shot.

Thanks Skip. I found it and have started a new thread so more people will find it. Hopefully I will find the answer, as I really want to get my beast rolling again!

Tags
holiday rambler