Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
New KZ MXT3190 - Black tank clogging

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but not new to camping. We recently bought the MXT3190 and on our first trip out, we started smelling the black tank but didn't think much of it. Now we're on our second trip out and we've already had a backed up toilet that we had to clear on day #2, today is day #3 & we've had to snake it again and we're probably going to have to do it a second time today. We're using RV toilet paper, we flushed/rinsed the drain pipe, etc. I can't understand why we're having this issue on a brand new TT toilet. We can see the toilet paper when we flush & the valve opens; it's just sitting there instead of breaking down and moving through the system. Anyone else experience this issue? We already have a list of items that need to be fixed - leaking issues, recliner issue, tripped the breaker twice, etc. - so this baby is going straight to the dealership service department tomorrow anyway. Just curious if this is a common problem or not. Thanks!
amynap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #2

I would concider!

I would make sure you have the tank at least a quarter full of water and ad some dish soap as you travel. I never leave my tank dry. After empting it I will add a few gallons of clean water to keep some sloshing action going on as we travel for cleaning and my rule of thumb is more water the better. The tank needs to be a pool and not a dry floor. Hope this helps!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #3

It can be if you do not use plenty of water and/or if you have a bend in the waste pipe between the toilet & the tank. My old bounder had this issue. Now, I can see straight thru and there is no issue.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Toilet

I started using Happy Camper and Dawn in my black tank 3 years ago. Since then no more problems with indicator lights or smell. When I empty my black tank, I flush it for at least 10-20 min when I can. I than give it a good squirt of Dawn when I'm finished dumping. The Dawn makes the water soft, so stuff doesn't build up inside on the walls of your black tank. I add the Happy Camper to a toilet bowl full of water, wash the inside of the toilet and flush. When the indictor light tells me it's half full I give it another squirt of Dawn. When full, flush and start over. Hope this helps. Sounds like a lot of work, but it works.
shamrock481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #5

Talking

welcome to the forum
it sound like something may have dropped in the tank during construction.
i would be all over the dealer like you know what.
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfever View Post
welcome to the forum
it sound like something may have dropped in the tank during construction.
i would be all over the dealer like you know what.
Have to agree. If you can see tp there is likely something there to catch it. Probably something dropped down the into the tank.

Dealer is a good place to go.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with the last two,posters - there is some construction debris stuck there. This is a warranty issue.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #8

KZ RV Club
Thanks guys! We dropped her off at the dealership yesterday with a list of problems we've run into. Hopefully they can find the problem and fix it. I was all over them & they got us in right away. Imagine that!
amynap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #9

We never put anything in the toilet
We have a small trash can and empty it daily

Keep plenty of water in the toilet and make sure you are not losing water creating a dry tank
JMSUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When you snake the toilet is it a straight drop into the tank or is there a bend in the pipe? There must be a bend if you are seeing paper stopping. Maybe the piping is not smooth and making a place for paper and stuff to snag on.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #11

By chance have you been camping with full hook ups? If so, have you been leaving the black tank valve open while hooked to sewer?

If you answered yes to the second question, your problem has been found.

Always camp with the black tank valve closed, only drain black when you have at least half a tank. What will happen is the solids will build up under the entry to the tank, the liquids will flow out of the tank. It will eventually build what i believe you have in your tank, the dreaded tower of poo. It will build until it reaches the inlet to the tank, and plug anything else from entering from the toilet.

Good luck in your future waste management.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, kz-rv, tank