Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #309

I sold my '01 Admiral after 10 years and now have an '03 Scepter.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #310

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocmmz View Post
HiAll
I have an 04 HR Vacationer and after running my AC for an hour, I am noticing condensation on the inside cover and is this something to be concerned with?
Thanks
Mike
It's normal. It is more noticeable on hot humid days.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #311

Are we the only unlucky ones. Bought our 99 HR admiral last October. D&P widows fogged speedo Inop. Salesman said axle sensor would fix speedo. Nope still not fixed. Changed carpet in drivers compartment foun rotted walls both sides. Pulled jackknife sofa to have covered and replace carpet in slide Same deal rotton walls and floor. Floor also rotton under passenger seat. This salesman saw us coming at CW. Thought we got a good deal till all this. Thousands to repair which I don't have. Not a sob story but I am doing chemo and he knew it.
Alrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrv View Post
Are we the only unlucky ones. Bought our 99 HR admiral last October. D&P widows fogged speedo Inop. Salesman said axle sensor would fix speedo. Nope still not fixed. Changed carpet in drivers compartment foun rotted walls both sides. Pulled jackknife sofa to have covered and replace carpet in slide Same deal rotton walls and floor. Floor also rotton under passenger seat. This salesman saw us coming at CW. Thought we got a good deal till all this. Thousands to repair which I don't have. Not a sob story but I am doing chemo and he knew it.
Did you get a quote to fix all of the rot? Sounds like an expensive item to fix
EBT531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #313

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBT531 View Post
Did you get a quote to fix all of the rot? Sounds like an expensive item to fix
So sorry to hear about the RV and the Chemo. I hope the sales man gets his/ hers....God speed recovery
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #314

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Sorry about your MH issue.

Buying a used MH is not a matter of luck. It's too bad that you didn't get an inspection done before you bought it. That eliminates the "luck". That inspector would have found the damage for you.

It still might be able to be repaired. I hope you can enjoy using it.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:13 AM   #315

Thanks for the good words. We are up to about $2000 and haven't even started on the walls. Have a good tech that left local CW going out on his own. Good work and reasonable. We have done several campers over the years but health won't let me do much now. We will make it nice slowly but surely.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #316

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrv View Post

Please tell us who you bought it from so we can avoid them.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droberts9747 View Post

Please tell us who you bought it from so we can avoid them.
CW Oakwood, Ga
Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #318

Monaco Owners Club
I saw a 20/20 piece in 07 that claimed the rv manufacturers were letting the assemblers do meth in order to meet production quotas. Based on the exceedingly poor workmanship of the ambassador I leased a couple years prior, I could believe them.

I leased an 2005 HR Ambassador for a year. 80% of the time it sat in the shop waiting on various repairs. Virtually every time we went somewhere with it, something would break. So the standard process was pick it up from the shop, go camping, take it back to the shop. I paid $450/mo for indoor storage that rarely got used.

Nothing on the chassis itself failed, just everything from the floor up did. Things like cabinet doors coming off the hinges when you opened them because the assembler stripped the wood tightening them down. Slides stripping shear pins and always leaking, electrical failures. My favorite was the front toilet exploding when I went to flush it and tossing waste all over me and the bathroom. My second was when the oak trim piece on the slideout fell off and hit me on the head as I was going around a curve on the interstate.

The dealer was shocked that I didnt want to buy the rv when the lease ran out. It was literally in their shop as he feigned his shock. To bad too, we loved the layout on it.
scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by scep View Post
I saw a 20/20 piece in 07 that claimed the rv manufacturers were letting the assemblers do meth in order to meet production quotas. Based on the exceedingly poor workmanship of the ambassador I leased a couple years prior, I could believe them.

I leased an 2005 HR Ambassador for a year. 80% of the time it sat in the shop waiting on various repairs. Virtually every time we went somewhere with it, something would break. So the standard process was pick it up from the shop, go camping, take it back to the shop. I paid $450/mo for indoor storage that rarely got used.

Nothing on the chassis itself failed, just everything from the floor up did. Things like cabinet doors coming off the hinges when you opened them because the assembler stripped the wood tightening them down. Slides stripping shear pins and always leaking, electrical failures. My favorite was the front toilet exploding when I went to flush it and tossing waste all over me and the bathroom. My second was when the oak trim piece on the slideout fell off and hit me on the head as I was going around a curve on the interstate.

The dealer was shocked that I didnt want to buy the rv when the lease ran out. It was literally in their shop as he feigned his shock. To bad too, we loved the layout on it.

A couple of points. '05 was a time of very high production levels in the RV industry. Some of the best coaches and some of the worst were produced in this time frame. By '07, the time of the 20/20 piece, production was way down and the manufacturers were in lay off mode. The Elkhart area has had a very significant drug problem for years and the builders all had issues with keeping good drug free employees. In the case of Monaco/Holiday Rambler, the coaches build in the Elkhart plants had quality problems. The coaches built in the Oregon plant were some of the best the coaches they ever built.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #320

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds reasonable. The rv had ~1200 miles it when we leased it, so it obviously wasnt driven from oregon to orlando for delivery. I like monaco rv's, I have one now.
scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #321

Just bought a 1988 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL. Where do we start??
lonniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:27 PM   #322

We purchased a 32' 1998 Vacationer in February. Been working on getting her rad ready and take our first big run to Dollywood around Memorial day.
newrepublics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco