Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
I looked for a similar law in Canada, specifically in Ontario. Unfortunately it doesn't exist. So I'm going to have to take the financial hit I imagine.

However, I'm trying to rationalize it this way:
  • The quality of the coach wont improve going forward;
  • My warranty will end in December and at this rate I'm unlikely to put many more miles on the chassis;
  • Holiday Rambler won't come to my rescue;
  • The issues will continue:
  • These issues will cost me more in December.
Talk about a dream killer.

I know this suggestion may be tough to do, but as some have previously recommended, I would definitely take it to the factory service in Decatuar. They will repair your problems.
Personally I have so little faith in dealers ability to really work on these coaches.
We took our Diplomat to Coburg factory repair 3 times and could not be happier with the quality of service and the work they do. With the result being we are really happy with our coach thanks to them.

Again this may seem like at lot of effort, but if they get you the results that you haven't gotten so far, I think it would well be worth the effort.

PS. They have also been know to extend the warranty if they think the coach has enough problems.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhorse brake issues and why! I have a 2003 H.R. Vacationers, W22 purchased in September of 2005. had the brake problem in 2010 all four calipers and lining replaced and no further problems, but once a year I bleed the brakes myself. Having said that I will tell what a qualified workhorse technician told me. He said the brake calipers were exact same on the UPS, FEDEX, etc. type diesel delivery trucks. He showed me one of the calipers and the phenolic pistols out of the bore. The conclusion is under heavy use such as delivery trucks they are never a problem. But in M.H. use, the piston swell in the caliper then stick causing brake pads getting really hot then boiling brake fluid and other related problems. Because of the properties of the fluid it absorbs moisture in the system that is absorbed my the phenolic original piston was made from. Mine was replaced with plated (chrome I assume) and that should solve that problem as long as the brakes are bleed with fresh brake fluid. That's my two cents worth.
allen1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ac issues

Hi everyone

Just got our HR back last week after being at the dealer for over a month.

One of the reasons was the generator would kick off when we were driving, and when it was on it was not working the Ac right.

They claim that the fuel pump was no good and replaced it along with the front cabin ac.

We have not gone away yet, trying to make sure it works. But so far every time we have been in it, it is still hot. Today we traveled about a half hour and the temperature in the unit was still reading 98 and not really blowing cold air. It was just ok.

The front my husband and I were dying from the heat. That was not blowing cold either.

We are so disappointed with this whole unit. Wish we never bought it. Even tried what another person. Posted about getting rid of it but don't have 30,000 to throw away. So we are i guess you can say stuck with it.

Would even sell to a dealer if I could get a good price, know it going to cost me, but maybe less than trying to trade in.

Sorry for the long post. Just don't know what to do anymore. The manufacturer tells me to be it back to the dealer. Yea right so far they had it longer than me and I still am paying for something we can't even enjoy.
saronagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
I know this suggestion may be tough to do, but as some have previously recommended, I would definitely take it to the factory service in Decatuar. They will repair your problems.
Personally I have so little faith in dealers ability to really work on these coaches.
We took our Diplomat to Coburg factory repair 3 times and could not be happier with the quality of service and the work they do. With the result being we are really happy with our coach thanks to them.

Again this may seem like at lot of effort, but if they get you the results that you haven't gotten so far, I think it would well be worth the effort.

PS. They have also been know to extend the warranty if they think the coach has enough problems.
Thanks for the response. I have indeed lost faith in the dealer. The repairs I see certainly aren't satisfactory.

Can I ask you how you contacted the Factory?

I guess the factory doesn't look at these blogs. This nonsense truly makes me sick.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:29 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I have indeed lost faith in the dealer. The repairs I see certainly aren't satisfactory.

Can I ask you how you contacted the Factory?

I guess the factory doesn't look at these blogs. This nonsense truly makes me sick.
You should be able to get ahold of them here.

Factory Service Center
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I'm about to be a happy former 2015 Vacationer owner. Mine has been barely usable since December and sitting in the shop for over a month. I am very close to working out a deal on an older Tiffin Allegro with the V-10 and Banks upgrade. It's surprisingly quick for a motorhome We travel up some 8% grades that this coach should have no trouble with. The previous owners also installed a 2000W solar panel with inverter.

The coach is a bit smaller (33' vs 37'), but seems to have been well cared for. It doesn't rattle at all. The one I'm about to buy is a 2005, so I'll get a lot of money back. The dealer is working on finalizing the numbers with new tires, Trav'ler satellite antenna and HDTVs to replace the old TVs. The paint is fair, so I'm looking into having it repainted.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ex-Owner

Congratulations.

For some reason, my dealer won't talk to me about consignment.
Likely because they know my new coach is a bad one.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not surprised. I figured that my best bet was to put pressure on my dealer to make us whole. There is no doubt that I'm taking a loss on the pending deal, but I'll have a usable coach and cash in my pocket.

We'll see how my story unfolds since the deal isn't finalized. I have a reasonable deal setup, but the pricing isn't set yet since they need to add tires, HDTVs and a minor repair (blinds). Our only other option was to keep the Vacationer, get the best extended warranty we could and hope, but the risk there is that the Vacationer would spend so much time in the shop that we couldn't use it.

Good luck with your choices in the future. I hope you can find a path that works.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Update - camper back in for repairs they didn't fix round one or round two. got a call on day 10 saying they couldn't replace the radio/dvd on the outside - need to work with radio company since it is a warranty issue! it never worked. well that did it. I fired off one more email to the Manger in the Service area and our salesman. of course no response. So I found the CEO's name and sent an email to him. 3 hours later we got a call from a regional service center manager. he said he would go see our camper and talk to service. We later got a call that the floor was going to be replaced, hot water tank was fixed, two new radios were installed, a second set of keys were ready for us (7 times we requested this) and they were working on the hole outside. Also they now agreed that the gasket we asked to look at three times was defective and would be replaced! We pick it up tomorrow and camp for the next month. I soooooo hope it really is fixed! Fingers crossed!!!!
robinfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow

That is a great story.
Do you think that fellow would come to Canada? I'll gladly pay for it at this stage...

My response today was that they (the Dealer) didn't build the coach. They (the dealer) found that the coaches were so bad that they didn't order any new 2016's. Thus, Holiday Rambler is punishing them for that and they can't get any approvals for warranty work.

I was just tossed under the bus.

I told them that I was coming to pick it up in the morning. Hopefully they will charge the batteries because they will be dead again and it wont start for the fifth time. This must boarder on illegal somehow?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
That is a great story.
Do you think that fellow would come to Canada? I'll gladly pay for it at this stage...

My response today was that they (the Dealer) didn't build the coach. They (the dealer) found that the coaches were so bad that they didn't order any new 2016's. Thus, Holiday Rambler is punishing them for that and they can't get any approvals for warranty work.

I was just tossed under the bus.

I told them that I was coming to pick it up in the morning. Hopefully they will charge the batteries because they will be dead again and it wont start for the fifth time. This must boarder on illegal somehow?
Call Holiday Rambler - have your vin number handy.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #54

We have been at it for 1 year and 3 months. We found that HR's dealer network is terrible. No one seems to know how to repair HR's motor homes and they lie about the repairs that they done. The biggest problem is the service people don't seem to care. So, we have been to Decatur service center twice and all the problems have been repaired except one. If we are lucky, the 12v problem will be resolved this week. We have dealt with over 60 issues. All the problems that have been mentioned in this thread, we have dealt with and resolved.
My suggestion, forget the dealers and contact Monaco Owner Relations in Oregon directly. They will work with you. As a matter of principle, I just refused to take a financial loss on this motor home and having them repair it was the only option.
unmudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by unmudbug View Post
We have been at it for 1 year and 3 months. We found that HR's dealer network is terrible. No one seems to know how to repair HR's motor homes and they lie about the repairs that they done. The biggest problem is the service people don't seem to care. So, we have been to Decatur service center twice and all the problems have been repaired except one. If we are lucky, the 12v problem will be resolved this week. We have dealt with over 60 issues. All the problems that have been mentioned in this thread, we have dealt with and resolved.
My suggestion, forget the dealers and contact Monaco Owner Relations in Oregon directly. They will work with you. As a matter of principle, I just refused to take a financial loss on this motor home and having them repair it was the only option.
It was a financial matter to us - we couldn't take the hit. This RV is our retirement! We have been camping for three weeks now and the only new thing to crop up has been our door is jamming and it is very hard to open. getting caught somewhere. My husband fixed the sink that wasn't draining so that is working ok now. Still have the floor, gasket, door and bushings to deal with in the fall.

The toilet in the 1/2 bath we can't get water in the bowl. The slightest touch of the handle opens it up - anyone know how to fix?
Old 07-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2012 vacationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappgj View Post
I am getting ready to take possession of a 2012 Vacationer 36SBT on Saturday. We made the deal a month ago but the dealer has been making some repairs to non-functioning living room slide-outs which seems to be the common theme here but on newer models. Does anyone have any experience with the 2012 Vacationer with slide-out issues? I am nervous now and that is not a good feeling with the money we are spending!
We have been very pleased with our 2012. Slides have been working with no issues to date (2 slides). Have had a few minor issues that I have been able to fix. Overall pleased with the unit 7,000 miles on it now.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler