Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #421

Hi Steve, I just got a HR 2002 Admiral which is in fairly good shape and I am doing the same things as you. converted the interior light with LED bulbs and other than a few cosmetics I am looking to change out the TV's especially in the Rear bedroom.
Harry Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #422

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Shower surround & another delay

We're still working on the 1988 HR Alumalite 26(?) we bought last year. My husband tore out the shower - everything but the pan. We're going to have to create our own walls as we can't find another shower surround. Does anyone have any recommendation for what to use for new shower walls? Over the weekend we saw the windshield has cracked so it's going in for a new one. Another delay Have glass coverage so that helps. Soon the weather will be perfect for painting the inside. Planning to TSP, prime & paint unless anyone has other suggestions. I've read some people just clean & paint with no problems but I'd hate for it to peel or not stick... In the meantime I'm sewing slipcovers, duvet covers & curtains. Can't wait to see it start coming together. Still need tires for the rear - no insurance for that!
lonniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #423

Bought our 08 Endeavor PDQ38 about 5 days ago, white knuckled it home and couldn't get it up the driveway... 4 days later, wider driveway and now she's home and ready for our first shake down cruise. Any advice for the white knuckles? I seem to have been all over the road swerving back and forth on I5 hopefully once I get a few miles under my belt I'll get the hang of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	123707  
CG CWO4 RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #424

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG CWO4 RET View Post
Bought our 08 Endeavor PDQ38 about 5 days ago, white knuckled it home and couldn't get it up the driveway... 4 days later, wider driveway and now she's home and ready for our first shake down cruise. Any advice for the white knuckles? I seem to have been all over the road swerving back and forth on I5 hopefully once I get a few miles under my belt I'll get the hang of it?
That coach should have zero sway. I think you have a suspension problem. Get it to a good truck repair shop, not a RV dealer.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #425

I don't know if it was sway as much as me possibly over correcting... I'll have it looked at either way just to be sure...
CG CWO4 RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #426

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I don't know if it was sway as much as me possibly over correcting... I'll have it looked at either way just to be sure...
It should track straight and not need a lot of steering correction. It may be as simple as a toe-in adjustment. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #427

Quote:

Congrats on your new ride. These HR/Monaco coaches are overall very solid and well built/appointed coaches. Your handling issue may be partly you adjusting to a heavy vehicle but it may be some coach related issues as well.

For your education, go to the Monaco owners forum here on IRV2 and look at the "sticky" threads under the "technical" heading. The 2 issues are the H frame suspension and the Sheppard steering box. Both issues are correctable. These are very long running threads but if you do the time you will be a knowledgeable owner. If you view the forum with the iPad app, the links don't work. Go to the IRV2 web site and then to the owners forums and then Monaco owners.

I salute Van Williams as the founder and the talented owners who gathered around him for these available fixes.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #428

1990 Crown Imperial.
Had this one about 1 year. Had a scare shortly after buying it. Had about a 300 mile trip home. lost headlights but thankfully about 10 miles from home. Have that corrected.
Coach was all over the road on trip home. I have replaced shocks, added air bags to front and it drives and handles great. Have replaced all brake linings, one caliper, master cylinder. All new batteries, three coach and one engine battery. Nice home for a 1990, few more things to do but enjoying it and enjoy getting it in top shape. Sealed the roof yesterday and sanded some today. Getting it ready for new paint.
My first Class A but am impressed with the shape of the interior on this vintage HR. Jerry
travlinjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #429

Best way to clean and wax a HR with aluminum siding?

I know this isn't going to be quick or easy but it would look nice when done! Just looking for some "tips and tricks" on the how-to side of the house. I am a total newby so all info is good info
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:57 AM   #430

Tiffin Owners Club
1998 Vacationer

Recently picked up a barely-used 1998 Vacationer 32' (or 31.5, or 32.5, or whatever weird size it is). I'm doing some upgrades to it such as flat-panel TVs, tankless water heater, DishTV satellite, Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid mattress, and a zillion little things.

In addition, lots of maintenance, such as hoses, filters, fluids, tires, shocks, suspension bushings, brakes - the list goes on.

Looking forward to my wife and I having a grand old time in it.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:53 AM   #431
SMB

Brad,
Nice move. Don't loose sight of you and your wife's Grand Old Time. I have found Holiday Rambler built a pretty good rig then and it didn't take me longto learn, "if it ain't broke", well you know the rest.

Happy Trails,
Old 05-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #432

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Recently picked up a barely-used 1998 Vacationer 32' (or 31.5, or 32.5, or whatever weird size it is). I'm doing some upgrades to it such as flat-panel TVs, tankless water heater, DishTV satellite, Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid mattress, and a zillion little things.

In addition, lots of maintenance, such as hoses, filters, fluids, tires, shocks, suspension bushings, brakes - the list goes on.

Looking forward to my wife and I having a grand old time in it.
HR built quality stuff back then.
You are a young guy so you have many years to do those projects and enjoy the life style.
Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #433

Alpine Owners Club
We purchased a 1995 37 foot Holiday Rambler Motorhome with a Cummins diesel in 2015. Great running unit with some updating needed but still a great unit for a fair price.
Fordiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #434

I'm the new owner of a 2001HR. started out looking at eagles 99-00 couldn't find one just right went to look at this one just to compare. Wife said this was the one had been updated with wood floor think this was the big seller plus 4 door fridge and w.d. been on a couple of trips happy so far.does seem to wander a bit. Past Rv was Newman on workhorse chassis.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco