Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
slide out wiper seal replacement

I have a 2002 Alumascape 31CKS travel trailer and need to know the procedure to replace the slide out wiper seals. Hopefully I will not have to remove the slide out to do it. Thanks
coolbikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #2

slide out wiper seal replacement

Depends on the design some just clip on and the clips rot and the seals starts to fall off others slide out of a track then the flap is screw in behind the seal but the slide does not need to come out I have a 02 38ft hornet that I had seasonal I had to replace mine they just clipped on took around an hour to take old ones off clean and install new ones

Rich,24
2014 wildwood 27rlss
2005 Chevy 2500HD crew cab
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post
Depends on the design some just clip on and the clips rot and the seals starts to fall off others slide out of a track then the flap is screw in behind the seal but the slide does not need to come out I have a 02 38ft hornet that I had seasonal I had to replace mine they just clipped on took around an hour to take old ones off clean and install new ones

Rich,24
2014 wildwood 27rlss
The seals on my trailer are held on by a spring clip in the rubber. The problem is there is not enough working room to get the new seal pushed back on. Also the corners are stuck together with rubber cement. There is a molding riveted around the opening that may let the entire seal come out at one time. I will call Holiday Rambler to see if they have any information.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:11 AM   #4

Good luck hope it's an easy job for you

Rich,24
2014 wildwood 27rlss
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post
Good luck hope it's an easy job for you

Rich,24
2014 wildwood 27rlss
Just to follow up with my original post, and after talking with a tech support person that helps customers with older Holiday Ramblers, I decided to remove the inside trim boards and metal edging around the slide out to access the slide out seal from the inside. I think in the future, I will be looking for a newer Airstream with NO slide out. I feel sorry for the guys that have to work on RV's at the RV dealers. My experience is that they are a pain to work on.

Tags
ace, holiday rambler, replace, replacement, seal, slide, slide out