Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler

I can't find a Holiday Rambler owner's forum on this site. May be listed under something else, but I read where they have been making RV's for many years.

Anyway, their top of the line DP is called an Endeavor, Does anyone know if the Endeavor is an all electric coach?
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The HR is made by Monaco and most of us use that fourm.
Last I heard the Endeavor was not electric.
I have an '06 HR and think it's the best coach I have had, out of the 4 so far.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
I can't find a Holiday Rambler owner's forum on this site. May be listed under something else, but I read where they have been making RV's for many years. Anyway, their top of the line DP is called an Endeavor, Does anyone know if the Endeavor is an all electric coach?
Holiday Rambler was purchased by Monaco in the mid to late '90s and were very similar to Monaco models after the 2000 models. The Endeavor is in the middle of their product range and was built on the Roadmaster 8 airbag chassis. I'm sure that there are some all electric Endeavors around depending on the year in question.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
interesting fact: Before Monaco owned HR Harley-Davidson owned them for a few years.

We own a 2000 HR Endeavor and it is on a Freightliner Custom Chassis.
High end Appliances, Thick well insulated external walls, Dual Pane windows,... are some of the reasons we bought it.
Everything is electric except the stove/oven.
Fridge, Water Heater, & house heat can run on propane or electricity.

We are new RVers, working full-timers, and generally are in a different city/state every other week going from very hot, eventually to snowy weather.

4-months, 7000-miles, 15-States, 11 campgrounds so far.
We Love our HR. it has lived up to its reputation.
MJD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #5

Quote:
I can't find a Holiday Rambler owner's forum on this site. May be listed under something else, but I read where they have been making RV's for many years.

Anyway, their top of the line DP is called an Endeavor, Does anyone know if the Endeavor is an all electric coach?
From the 2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Brochure:

"Stainless steel appliances, residential
refrigerator, 2-burner electric induction
cooktop."

A Norcold 12cf and propane 2 - burner stove are listed as options.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
YC1

Our 2008 has the 8 bag chassis and is not all electric. The stove and heaters are gas. We use induction plates and haven't seen the burners on the stove in 8 months at least. The floor heaters are propane and you can bake cookies in here if you want. The air conditioners have heat pumps but they are very noisy and slow to warm. Nice to keep the temps up while away but not while in here. I'm working on a noise dampening system for the roof airs and maybe will be able to run them more. Our electric fireplace does a great job of keeping the front nice and comfortable. The refer is AC or Propane. When this one dies it will get replaced with a residential type.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Holiday Rambler was purchased by Monaco in the mid to late '90s and were very similar to Monaco models after the 2000 models. The Endeavor is in the middle of their product range and was built on the Roadmaster 8 airbag chassis.
I assume you mean in the middle of the Monaco line, because the Endeavor is listed as the top MH that HR makes on the HR website.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #8

Quote:
I assume you mean in the middle of the Monaco line, because the Endeavor is listed as the top MH that HR makes on the HR website.
It depends on the year you are looking at. While Navistar owned Monaco/HR, no high end HRs were built and the Endeavor may have been the top end coach. This would have been any 2010s or later. There have been reports of a 2012 Navigator but my guess is that it was a coach started under the old Monaco and finally finished and marketed as a 2012.

Historically, the Navigator was the top HR with the Imperial next in line. These 2 coaches were built on the S Series chassis like the top 3 Monaco coaches and were industry leaders for quality, handling and livability.

The HR Endeavor is a close twin of the Monaco Diplomat and they both are built on the RR8R and RR10R Roadmaster chassis. These two coaches were just below the Camelot/Septer in the model line up. The Monaco Camelot and HR Septer were on the RR8S and RR10S chassis depending on whether a tag axle coach or not. The last R or S in the chassis is for rear radiator or side radiator.

All 4 of these coaches anchored the middle of the Monaco/HR product line and enjoyed great success. They were and still are a "lot of bang for the buck".
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
They were and still are a "lot of bang for the buck".
Thanks! Helps a bunch!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2013 HR DFT that comes with a tag and full wall slide. It is total electric with the 2800 watt inverter. Other tag models can have propane depending on the layout. Some of the 4 slide models have propane. Most of the full wall models are all electric.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD2 View Post
interesting fact: Before Monaco owned HR Harley-Davidson owned them for a few years.

We own a 2000 HR Endeavor and it is on a Freightliner Custom Chassis.
High end Appliances, Thick well insulated external walls, Dual Pane windows,... are some of the reasons we bought it.
Everything is electric except the stove/oven.
Fridge, Water Heater, & house heat can run on propane or electricity.

We are new RVers, working full-timers, and generally are in a different city/state every other week going from very hot, eventually to snowy weather.

4-months, 7000-miles, 15-States, 11 campgrounds so far.
We Love our HR. it has lived up to its reputation.
I too have a 2000 HR Endeavor on a Freightliner chassis. I believe that sometime in 2000 holiday rambler stopped building motorhomes on the Freightliner chassis. I have never seen a 2001 Holiday Rambler on a Freightliner chassis.
Fred
Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
def

Send a message via Yahoo to def
My coach is riding better the more miles I put on it. Next improvement will likely be Koni shock absorbers.

Then, I'll go LEDs inside and out.

I need to remove the alloy wheels and buff and polish them.

I'm also thinking of removing the OE headlight assembles, glassing in the opening and installing custom lighting assemblies, maybe adaptive HID headlights.

Then, maybe a paint job and redo the interior.

These Freightliner chassis HRs are tough with good appliances, easy to work on and the Cat 330 and Allison are bulletproof.

I'm currently studying the HEUI (Hydraulically Actuated Electronic Unit Injection) engine control hardware and software which controls the Cat engine. Seems there is much more power available from this engine platform. The 3126 is 441 cubic inches and is easily capable of 1 HP/cu.in. And while I'll never spin the rear wheels, a little extra power would be nice.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #13

Ok..need help...need to replace the driver and passenger fixed windows and just measured and the drivers one is smaller...I have a door on the drivers side....anyone know what I can do?
BillVervaeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
The Endeavor is not the top of the line in the other than brand new HR coach's. Iwish it were then I would have one. There are several lines above it in the older coach's. The new model years do have some all electric coach's but I think on custom order you can go up a line here also. Monaco owners is the place to go for info a few threads headings down the list.

LEN

Tags
holiday rambler