Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #1

2004 Holiday Rambler Slide Problem

Got a buddy of mine has a 2004 holiday rambler with a slide issue. When the slide retracts it won't hold closed and creeps back out about 2 inches while going down the road. Need your help. anybody else have the same problem or know how to resolve it.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #2

What model holiday rambler? If it's an electric slide, it will have a brake on the back side of the slide motor. It's a little lever that locks in the up position. I can't speak for the hydraulic slides.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #3

As mentioned by Craig above, this is generally caused by either a brake solenoid failure on electrically driven slides or by accidental brake disengagement while moving things in and out of the storage compartment where the slide motor is located.

Here is the PowerGear TipSheet on this very issue, of course, if this is the system he has: http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0506.pdf
Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi looks like good info. I have a 04 HR Vacationer WDD and I had something similiar happen this weekend with the grandkids. After camping, I tried retracting my living room slide (electric) and it comes (retracts) in almost all the way except it does not lock down and there is a small gap from the carpet to floor? Nothing is in way or I cannot see anything difference in the gearing?
Also, (when it rains it pours) my bedroom slide is either shifted or something? I heard a pop while extending the slide and the left side attached night stand is cracking. This one does retract but again with a somewhat twist because looking at the top of the wood paneling it is does not look level? Any support of help with this would be appreciated...Thanks so much. We live in Virginia beach, VA and plan to take the kids to the Blue ridge mountains and really want to get this problem resolved.. Thanks again
Mike
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Depending on the model of HR your friend has it could be hydraulic slides like mine. Check the fluid level to make sure he hasn't run it low (by leaking) and might have got air in the system. Otherwise I have heard of the solenoid valve not seating properly and creating the creep as well. Those are replaceable, but I have not experienced doing that. I did have this similar problem after having some of the hydraulic hoses replaced. Got some air in the system and it worked its way back out after several uses. Randy
Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #6

slide problem

I had same problem on hydralick system on 2007 holiday rambler and it was the solonoid its under the door steps replaced it now fix good luck
leeroy5491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #7
RMS

Electric Bdrm Slide

Woodruff Key [2002 WDD Admiral]
This is a long shot and may not be your problem but, it happened to me on my bedroom slide.

The woodruff[sp?] key was sheared, on the motor shaft, but would extend ok. When retracting, the motor would run, and with some pushing from the outside, would assist in bringing the slide back in. Also drifted out a couple of inches, going down the road. Home Depot,Lowes.

Very inexpensive fix, if you're handy.
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, slide