Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #57

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
UNMUDBUG - I too have found that the dealer network is terrible. The local dealer had our rig for the entire month of May to fix various issues (of which many did not get fixed and I just fixed myself). One of those was the generator, which crapped out with only 18 hours on it. Every conversation I had with the dealer, I asked specifically about the repairs to the generator and each time was told that it was being fixed. When they called me to come pick it up, and I asked about the generator....they suddenly didn't remember that it needed fixed. A tech came out to look at it and determined that it needed a new control board. They told me they would order it and to bring it back on June 8th to be repaired. I brought it in, waited around all day, and the guy came out and said, "it looks like it needs a new control board...we'll have to order one". I was furious....they were to have already ordered it and were to install that day. It's now back there again. They've had it since Monday and not a word from them.
I scheduled an appt. with the factory in Decatur at the end of August. It's about a 5 hour drive from my home, so not terrible. I'm curious how long they had your rig. Did you stay in it while they had it? I'm not sure how long it will take them to fix mine. I'm thinking of dropping it off and heading back home until they've completed my long list of issues as well.

I did meet a guy last weekend who has a 2013 Vacationer and he has had little in the way of problems. He has some electrical issues he's working through, but overall he said his runs like a champ. I believe 2013 was the last year that Holiday Rambler manufactured their RV's before Monaco / ARG took them over.
domsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 04:49 AM   #58

Ford Super Duty Owner
Factory

I'm in the process of setting up a return to the factory for service as well. Same issues as everyone else is having with the dealer. My rig however is falling apart.

I cant sell it the way it is so I am hoping to leave it at the factory for a few months so they can get everything repaired.

Fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsrs View Post
UNMUDBUG - I too have found that the dealer network is terrible. The local dealer had our rig for the entire month of May to fix various issues (of which many did not get fixed and I just fixed myself). One of those was the generator, which crapped out with only 18 hours on it. Every conversation I had with the dealer, I asked specifically about the repairs to the generator and each time was told that it was being fixed. When they called me to come pick it up, and I asked about the generator....they suddenly didn't remember that it needed fixed. A tech came out to look at it and determined that it needed a new control board. They told me they would order it and to bring it back on June 8th to be repaired. I brought it in, waited around all day, and the guy came out and said, "it looks like it needs a new control board...we'll have to order one". I was furious....they were to have already ordered it and were to install that day. It's now back there again. They've had it since Monday and not a word from them.
I scheduled an appt. with the factory in Decatur at the end of August. It's about a 5 hour drive from my home, so not terrible. I'm curious how long they had your rig. Did you stay in it while they had it? I'm not sure how long it will take them to fix mine. I'm thinking of dropping it off and heading back home until they've completed my long list of issues as well.

I did meet a guy last weekend who has a 2013 Vacationer and he has had little in the way of problems. He has some electrical issues he's working through, but overall he said his runs like a champ. I believe 2013 was the last year that Holiday Rambler manufactured their RV's before Monaco / ARG took them over.
We were there about three weeks. HR paid for our gas. We stayed in our motorhome, but had to have it ready for tech to come get it at 6:00 am. So, we were up by 5:00 am every morning. You are parked in a gravel parking lot with power only and on an intersection of a busy street. The second trip to Decatur was handled by HR. They came an got the motor home and drove it there and back. They incurred all the expenses. The second trip took a month but extensive repairs were made to repair the slides and other issues.
unmudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
Repairs

Wow, if they were to do that for me, I might gain a bit respect.

I have sent a letter off to the Monaco customer service so I guess I'll just wait and see. We can't use it anyways in case it rains so they might as well keep it. I'll fly back to Toronto.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #61

Despite a new charging board, a new battery control board, all new relays, we still do not have a fully operating 12 volt system. We have had this problem from the day we took delivery. We have been to Decatur Service Center twice and they have been unable to repair it. We are now at an independent RV repair shop that has been highly recommended by our HR chapter and FMCA chapter. The first attempt was unsuccessful. We are taking it back to him next week for another attempt. If he not able to repair it, we are going to an attorney. One year an 4 months of not fully being able to use this motorhome is enough. We will never buy a new motorhome again. If all of us were smart, we would start a class action lawsuit against Holiday Rambler.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #62

Mid Atlantic Campers
Have you not been reading this forum, sounds like the HR'S front 2013 and newer are a disaster for qualit?
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #63

Mid Atlantic Campers
ScottyB410
out of curiosity what did you pay for that new Rig (diesel or Gas)and what are you thinking of selling it for?
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #64

Do not buy it!!!!!!!! I have had my 2015 one month and was almost killed in it. They did not route the wire out of the generator properly and almost killed me. It caught fire. Also they did not bolt chassis to side walls and it rubbed a hole in dash. The molding fell off while I was driving and hit me in the head. The refrigerator won't stay closed and it flys out going down the road. The air conditioner in cab is not working. Motorhome air conditioners had to be replaced. The steering wheel was put on crooked. DONT BUY!!!!!!!!
Lpgaloretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Geesh

So, feeling good about HR possibly taking my Coach into their home shop and "making it right"; coupled with the fact that it wasn't going to rain this weekend so I wouldn't get soaked as the water poured in off the tops of the slides, we decided to head out for the weekend.

We got 120 miles before it died.

I'm not sure my patience has much left.
Come on HR, step up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tow truck.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	100610  
Old 07-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Oh gosh, I feel so bad for you! What happened?
robinfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #67

We finally gave up on fixing the motorhome. We finally got the last major problem fixed and two more showed up. We still can't use it. We were never able to use it fully since the day we bought it. So, We sold it and took a pretty bad hit, but it is gone. All I can say is that we will never buy another Holiday Rambler and as far as ARG is concerned and how we were forced to endure 1 year and four months of endless repairs by them. We are completely done with any of their lines.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My Condolences to all. I know that very few if any will ever say mine is trouble free. But I've seen nightmares by every mid level and even some high level units bought new.
I love my 2000 Holiday Rambler, but I will never ever buy a new one. In fact I would never buy a new Thor, Tiffin, Entegra, Monaco, etc.
Maybe a new Newmar, even though I've seen a couple of complaints on them.
Funny I've never seen one complaint about a Foretravel.
If I came into a lot of money and could afford anything, I would probably still buy used. This is only because I would not want to take it back to the dealer even once.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #69

We have the HR Vacationer 36SBT which is a 2012. We had some issues right after we bought it, but not like what I have read here...crazy We have a little over 6k miles on it and love ours after adding some items we wanted on it, ( 3k watt inverter,Slimline Directv dish, and pwr shades up front)and I did put a lite in the grab bar outside the door and some misc. stuff as well. We are going to sell ours after our Thanksgiving trip, not because we don't like it, which we do, but because we are not using it like we should. When we are ready to buy again, it will be a used pusher that already has the bugs worked out and the items added hopefully. Good luck to everyone that is having trouble with theirs.
fryman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinfred View Post
It was a financial matter to us - we couldn't take the hit. This RV is our retirement! We have been camping for three weeks now and the only new thing to crop up has been our door is jamming and it is very hard to open. getting caught somewhere. My husband fixed the sink that wasn't draining so that is working ok now. Still have the floor, gasket, door and bushings to deal with in the fall.

The toilet in the 1/2 bath we can't get water in the bowl. The slightest touch of the handle opens it up - anyone know how to fix?
With your foot lift up on the handle and more water will flow into the tank and then push down.
Jim1946 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler