Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Can’t find the RV Trip Wizard app in the App Store?

Is this still available in the apple App Store? I think I'm finding out its not actually an app?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #2

????
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

RV Trip Wizard is NOT an app.....its a web based application.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I edited the post earlier and made changes but don’t see them now.
The title to the post should read
CANT FIND THE RV TRIP WIZARD APP IN THE APP STORE
Old 03-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard is an Internet web-based application, not an "app," but you can add it to your device as an app-like icon that will open the RV Trip Wizard Member Login page whenever you click on the icon.

To proceed, your device must be connected to the Internet.

On an Apple iOS device, open your preferred Internet browser.
- Enter the URL https://www.rvtripwizard.com into your address bar and navigate to that page.
- On an iPhone (this step is not applicable to an iPad), click on the MENU icon (triple bar lines) at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on MEMBER LOGIN, the third selection (with a gray background).

You are now presented with the RV Trip Wizard Member Login screen. Save this page to your device as an app-like icon by going to the "Add to Home Screen" function.
- Click on the icon that looks like a square with an arrow pointing upward out of the square. (iPhone: bottom of screen; iPad: top right of screen)
- Drag the row of gray icons to the left until you see the icon labeled "Add to Home Screen."
- Click on "Add to Home Screen."
- A new app-like icon is now added to your device at the end of the last row on your last home screen page. Move it to wherever you desire on your home screen pages and folders.

When you wish to launch RV Trip Wizard, click on the app-like icon that you added to your home screen. The RV Trip Wizard Member Login page will appear. In order to continue, your device must be connected to the Internet.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I discovered that after posting. I assume you use it, if so how do you like it?
Old 03-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, I subscribe and use it, and, yes, I like it, but principally as a planning tool. I prefer other applications for live turn-by-turn navigation.

The autosave function has worked well for me. A change to a trip made on one device (iPhone, iPad, or MacBook Pro) immediately updates on any other device that I use.

I share some wishes that have been posted elsewhere, such as the ability to attach a fixed future date to a downline stop and morph the trip around that point, but I have seen regular improvements that lead me to trust the developers when they allege that a feature is in the works.

Two cautions:

1. The map displays hazards such as low bridges based upon your settings, but the algorithm for route optimization DOES NOT avoid said hazards. You must take an active role. Some other applications are better at this.

2. You must be connected to the Internet for full functionality.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All makes sense, thanks.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2Driver View Post
Two cautions:

1. The map displays hazards such as low bridges based upon your settings, but the algorithm for route optimization DOES NOT avoid said hazards. You must take an active role. Some other applications are better at this.
Amen, to that. It routed me under a 10 foot railroad bridge, despite setting my MH height to 11.5 feet. It showed it on the map, it just didn't route around it.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can’t find the RV Trip Wizard app in the App Store?

I wonder why then you have the ability to enter data on your RV if all it does is show you the bridge clearances and not route you around them? MAYBE try not putting in any RV height data and see if it still shows bridge clearances? It may not display them then.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:12 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I wonder why then you have the ability to enter data on your RV if all it does is show you the bridge clearances and not route you around them? MAYBE try not putting in any RV height data and see if it still shows bridge clearances? It may not display them then.

I don't know. I reported the issue directly to RVTW support and posted it on this forum and have yet to get any answer back from RVTW support.

Tags
trip wizard