Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

RV Trip Wizard Question

I really like the changes to RVTRIP Wizard - my question/concern: When using the route drag feature, does it still audit the route if settings are set to "RV Route"?

Sometime the standard route is missing a desired area wanting to travel thru.
RAM 305RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I wish the route dragging worked better.

I had route taking me from central FL up I-4 to I-95, but I wanted to take Rt 50 E to I-95 so I could fuel at the Pilot/J but dragging the route ended up making a bunch of loops and went all over the place.

It was a mess. Like multiple figure-8s and backtracking...

Maybe I didn't grab the correct place in the I-4 route to drag to I-95. I'm not sure how this feature is supposed to work but it seems like it need improvement.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 PM   #3

drag and drop

the drag and drop has worked easily for me - my concern is if it is still monitoring the route for interference with RV specifications for my trailer. I thought the drag and drop worked as good as google maps. As you mentioned, grabbing it at different points might help. I noticed in another reply that you can enter way points by not adding days for the way point.
RAM 305RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I wish the route dragging worked better.

I had route taking me from central FL up I-4 to I-95, but I wanted to take Rt 50 E to I-95 so I could fuel at the Pilot/J but dragging the route ended up making a bunch of loops and went all over the place.

It was a mess. Like multiple figure-8s and backtracking...

Maybe I didn't grab the correct place in the I-4 route to drag to I-95. I'm not sure how this feature is supposed to work but it seems like it need improvement.
Be sure to zoom in as much as you can. I find that most of the time when it does this I am not really on the location I thought. Once I have the waypoint set I zoom in to where I can see the lanes of the roadway and then if needed grab the waypoint and drag it to the highway I wanted it on. This generally gets rid of the crazy routing but sometimes I do have to add another waypoint to get it to go where I want. And yes, I sometimes just zap the waypoint and try again. Also you can make the Pilot station a stop on your route which may negate needing to drag the route. And you can right-click on a point not on your route and add it as a Custom Stop which sometimes works best.

Hope this helps you.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I have found that if you have the "RV Routing" turned on, that RVTW may not allow you drag the route to where you want it. I was mapping a trip we took down Skyline Drive in VA and had to turn off the "RV Routing" in order to drag the route.

Tags
trip wizard