Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sealand Technologies Electric toilet 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor issues

My rear bath electric toilet (Sealand Technologies #3000) is not functioning. Will not flush. Red light comes on saying "do not flush". It is a vaccum flush which seems to work great (will vaccum water down the drain pipe and empty into holding tank. It will just not work like the mid coach toilet which works great.

I have heard they had problems with the circuit board and they are not available anymore from Sealand Technoligies and was quoted $2700.00 for a NEW IMPROVED Toilet unit (no labor charges included).

Can any one shed some light or point me in the right direction for solving this problem.

At one time it worked great, never a problem until now (have owned the MH for about 6 months)

I do have Good Sams Warranty Policy, but really would like to try and fix it myself if possible.

Thanks in advance

RJ Sledge
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

Check your policy closely. I have Cornerstone and they exclude electric toilets (which is what I have). I can't help as mine is not vacuum. Good luck.

2007 Monaco Executive 45' 525 ISX
Old 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Download a copy of this PDF file to see exactly which model Sealand that you really have.

Camping World still sells the Sealand Concerto model but it is most likely a gravity unit, not a vacuum unit.

If you can't locate any parts you may want to try a RV Motor-Home Boneyard to see if they may have exactly what you are looking for to repair the one you have now.

Otherwise there are other brands out there that you could replace it with which are macerator type, not vacuum.

Another thought is that if it is a bad control board possibly you could have the board repaired.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #4

Vacuflush toilets are frequently used on boats. Sealand has dealers in major cities but most boat repair yards are familiar with them. If you are anywhere near the water check with a marine dealer. They are easily plugged or the duckbills could be inverted or worn. They also have a couple of pricey pumps, the vacuum generator and the macerator. Run lots of water thru the system if you can, otherwise it's a sh***y repair job. Don't ask me how I know.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same system and had one in my last coach. If I understand correctly, you have one working toilet and one non-working toilet. If one toilet works fine than you may have a blockage in the other. Or at least in he piping from that toilet to the vacuum pump. If the toilet flushes fine and the issue is the red light you refer to, then you might check the pressure switch. Mine is located at the vacuum tank.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
This is what happened to us on our last trip. I spent the weekend going into the camps rest room. Got home and took the toilet off the floor. Inside you will see the pump. My pump was stuck and would not turn. You'll need to take the pump out and separate the two parts in half. What I found was a wad of dental floss rapped around the seller shaft. I cut the floss away. This is a easy job. Once you get inside you will see it's a very simple layout.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #7

Sealand toilet issue

Thanks for all the replies, I believe I will just chance using an RV repair place and see if GS RV Warranty is worth the money or if I get the run around.

My toilet will flush as long as I switch the toggle switch to "Service", but will not refill the bowl with water. I hope its something simple, but I have my doubts. If I have to replace the toilet on my "dime", it will not be a unit from Sealand Tech.

Thanks again RJ
Old 11-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have one on my 2004 Safari, broke a part about a year ago and called the sealand folks, they were very helpful. Even told me I could get what I needed at the local Home Depot -- turned out not to be true, but still. I did order and obtain the unique part I needed from them. Try them for parts and support;

VacuFlush® Sanitation Parts for less. it's where you go to save.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #9

sealand Technologies

You must of talked to a different person than I did. I was grossly underwhelmed with the help(?) when I called them. All they said was that the toilet in question was not made any more as it was 12 years old and I needed to spend $2700.00 for a new Improved unit. Told me the problem was more than likely the circuit board and that was the reason for not building them anymore. Circuit board was no longer serviced and I needed to replace the toilet and hose

RJ
Old 12-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

Update on Sealand Tech w/VaccuFlush system

Finally got my rear Sealand Tech toilet w/vaccuFlush working as it should.

Replaced upper toilet seals (make sure you get the correct ones as there as different ones), duckbills, flush ball and shaft.

Still did not function so bought a new vacuum pressure switch $140.00 which I returned after searching and finding the electrical switch separately on line for $38.00. Switch was probably the problem from the get go.

It takes between 8 and 12 Inches of Vacuum to operate this system, so a vacuum gauge to test makes it pretty simple. Sealand Tech sells a gauge($50.00 bucks or so) or you can do as I did and make your own for next to nothing.

Took me about 20 minutes to make correct adjustments to pressure switch, just kept turning the thumb screw on pressure switch for more tension on spring until the vacuum pump would shut off after about 40 seconds of run time. The green light would come on (OK to Flush signal) and it worked great and would recycle the system in 40 seconds and it was ready to go again.

Thanks for all the advice.

I found a lot of great information and you tube video's pertaining to Marine applications on line. They use this system (Sealand Technologies and VaccuFlush) 75% of the time.

Happy Days

RJ
Old 07-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #11

I have the same coach with 2 bathrooms. The rear toilet with the vacuum pump quit working and appeared to be a problem with the circuit board. We switched circuit boards with the one in the front toilet and now the back one works okay but the front one will not. Obviously its the circuit board that's at fault. I checked with Monaco and Sealand and they both say the toilet and the boards are discontinued and only suggested trying to find a compatible replacement toilet. I sure appreciate any suggestions anyone may have to help me with this.

2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST
gordon1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Call Northwest RV Supply in Eugene OR as they may have a control board laying around their boneyard.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #13

Sealand toilet issue

Good luck with finding a board, you might try and find a "computer guru" that can repair your old board. Its worth a shot.

Also, google the marine boards for sealand tech toilets issue, they provided me with a whole lot more info than the RV people. Sea Ray boats and many other manufacturers use the same basic toilet in their boats (I got all my repair parts from a Sea Ray Dealer in San Antonio except the vacuum switch module which I researched on line).

90% of all boats like Sea Ray use this head and know a whole lot more than any RV place, just talking from experience.

Good Luck

RJ
Old 07-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #14

I found a spare board on line by a place called Verlink they are a great place for rambler parts. I can look up where I saw a couple places that had boards when I was looking. Will get back tomorrow after I go to shop.

Bill
Saab guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, seal