Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #57

01' Rexhall RoseAir

Newbie! Any info on manuals for Rexhall? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2628.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	145476  
Tbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by John USA View Post
Nice! I qualified on USS Gudgeon (SS-567) in 1975. Every time I get a whiff of diesel, I'm instantly taken back in time to the diesel boats. It gets in your DNA, I think. DBF!

Glad you found your way here, hope you make a lot of new memories with your parents Aerbus...looks to be in nice shape.
Now that is cool. I know some of the guys that go to our reunions were probably on the Gudgeon at some point. Funny thing, my two eldest kids live in Bothell. We spend a lot of time traveling there to visit them. We actually just returned a couple days ago. One of them is moving to Montreal. The other is getting married to a guy from Bellingham in July, so I imagine she will be staying in the Seattle area. Which means we will be traveling there all the time anyway. It is so beautiful there, it is difficult though. We get a LOT of crap from people when they see our license plate. Oh well.

If you haven't yet you should go to the OMSI to see the Blueback. Damn straight DBF!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	906957_564555666917799_866753667_o.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	434.0 KB
ID:	145480  
RickNau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbeck View Post
Actually, we have a big binder with everything from the first time it was purchased. The manual is pretty useless though. It talks more about the warranty than anything else. Your best bet is to find the individual manuals for the equipment on your coach. For other issues of repair and upkeep you can use the forums on this board or look in YouTube for videos. I had to replace a turn signal on mine and I was able to find one on Ebay. It took some research and patience to try and figure out what i had though. For stuff that is chassis related it becomes complicated, but if i can find stuff for my '94, you can find stuff for yours i am sure.
RickNau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #60

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbeck View Post
Welcome to the forum Tbeck. Getting manuals is going to be hit and miss.

I believe MartinP has a collection of manuals, but I don't know what they cover.

This is my understanding of the manual situation: Each Rexhall came with a binder of manuals, but only one of them was actually produced by Rexhall. All the other manuals were from the manufacturer of products used in the Rexhall lines.

There wasn't really any point in Rexhall reproducing what was already in print. Got an F53 chassis? You got a chassis manual produced by Ford. Duo-Therm roof air conditioners? Rexhall just included the Duo-Therm factory manual. Same with the refrigerator, hot water heater, etc.

I would suggest making a new post, requesting a manual in the title of the post. Something like this: Seeking owner manual, 01 Rose Air, Spartan chassis (or whatever you have). That way, it will go to the top of the threads, and more people will see it. Good luck!
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #61

01' Rexhall RoseAir

Thanks guys! I will check out YouTube. We just want to store her for the winter and make sure we have all the t's crossed and i's dotted. Glad I found this forum. Will get hubby involved now! Haha! Thanks again!
Tbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #62

Rexhall Owners Group
Tbek,
Let me know what manuals you may need and I will check my files.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #63

2001 Rexhall Rose AirClick image for larger version

Name:	rving.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	159434

Name:	rosie.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	159435

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	159436
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #64

I have a rex rose and manual. I could send you some info or pics or text but it is a pretty useless manual. I can look for something specific if you want
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #65

So, I have a few questions about my rig. First, it only has one 12 volt deep cycle battery for the coach when I got it. Most coaches I have seen use 2 deep cycle batteries... so did someone botch the wiring on mine or is this normal or should I be adding a second battery? Second, I recall reading somewhere that even if the fridge (a norcold 683) is set to run on AC... it still requires power from the DC for the control panel to allow the fridge to function. Thoughts??
bcarver78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #66

I also have 2010 Aerbus. Am looking for info on the side view mirrors. Do you have any info?
Rexrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #67

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarver78 View Post
So, I have a few questions about my rig. First, it only has one 12 volt deep cycle battery for the coach when I got it. Most coaches I have seen use 2 deep cycle batteries... so did someone botch the wiring on mine or is this normal or should I be adding a second battery? Second, I recall reading somewhere that even if the fridge (a norcold 683) is set to run on AC... it still requires power from the DC for the control panel to allow the fridge to function. Thoughts??
Having an extra battery gives you more Amp hours but the wiring should be the same. More Amp hours equal more hours of use. Unless it's a large 8D type battery, I think you're going to want to add another. The 8D is what some diesel motorhomes have. They'e much larger, very expensive and quite heavy.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #68

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarver78 View Post
Mine is a 2001 Vision DP and it has FOUR 6 Volt Coach batteries
DynoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #69

Ok... so... next issue... After running the fridge for a while with the coach connected to shore power... the fridge quit working... put a full charge on the coach battery and the fridge is working flawlessly again. Thinking my inverter unit is supposed to keep the coach battery charged when connected to shore power... which means it needs replaced... or am I incorrect with that assumption?
bcarver78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #70

Your assumption is correct, if the converter is not working it will not keep the batteries charged or run your 12 volt supply. So check your converter output. In my case I gutted the bottom part of the original converter, left the upper fuse and circuit breaker panel and put one of these powermax converters from Amazon. It will fit inside the original converter box. I remember that a store also sold a conversion kit that might be a little easier to install. Depending on your wiring capabilities.

PowerMax PM3-55 110 V to 12 V DC Power Supply Converter Charger for Rv Pm3-55, 55Amp

Good luck!
whmehlig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall