Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #1

Rexhall Owners Group
Change out door locks?

I am thinking of changing out the door locks on my 1990 26ft Airex, anyone done this and have any replacement locks to recommend?
JLadenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLadenburg View Post
I am thinking of changing out the door locks on my 1990 26ft Airex, anyone done this and have any replacement locks to recommend?
I am waiting to see if you get a reply myself. Our side door lock is messed up, have to jiggle the key around until it gets to the "right spot".

We have been looking at entire replacement handles.. Land Rover ones are expensive, but the Morris (I believe... not near my notes) are usually somewhat affordable on eBay.
Looks like a wide range of European vehicles that use this door latch mechanism.

I would like to know if there are other locks which would work though. Hopefully someone knows and will answer.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
We went with RVLock. Just had to make a few minor adjustments for it to fit our rig. Keyless is great when you're just going to the pool or a quick bike ride. Just punch in the code and your set.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:27 PM   #4

Door lock replacement

Quote:
Try Tri-Mark industries, you can find them on line. Rexhall used those for many years. I have replaced mine from Tri Mark.
SteveEBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnicols View Post
We went with RVLock. Just had to make a few minor adjustments for it to fit our rig. Keyless is great when you're just going to the pool or a quick bike ride. Just punch in the code and your set.
I can't see how this would work with an older Rexhall. His 1990 should be the same as my 1989 and would require a complete modification of the door itself in order to work.
Unless there is something I am not seeing (their video is just short of useless).
Old 05-31-2019, 04:52 PM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:

Are yours like the ones in this thread?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/drive...le-309287.html

That is the way mine are on my 1989. These I have found on several European vehicles. All expensive though (and my lock is wearing out)
Old 05-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-n-BJ View Post
Are yours like the ones in this thread?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/drive...le-309287.html

That is the way mine are on my 1989. These I have found on several European vehicles. All expensive though (and my lock is wearing out)
My apologies! I was speaking of my passenger side entrance door. Miscommunication on my part.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #8

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnicols View Post
My apologies! I was speaking of my passenger side entrance door. Miscommunication on my part.

Funny thing that...

The driver's side UK door latch is my passenger side coach door latch, while the passenger side UK door latch is my Driver's side door latch.

Which makes it a pain to try and find a replacement. It isn't a "normal" edge mounted latch.

Wish it was, that would make life easier!
Old 11-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #9

We have a 2002 Rexhall Vision

I can't lock/unlock the primary entrance door from the outside, key just spins 360°

Any insights on taking the inside of the door apart would greatly help. I removed one of the upper door screws only to learn that it was a machine screw without a captive nut, as I heard it fall down inside the door!!

I've removed the wood/sheet metal screws as well and that didn't seem to get me anywhere

I've Googled it and gotten everything except the vehicle that I'm looking for, naturally!!! Hesitant about continuing without some direction, afraid of doing more harm than good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

UPDATED
As you can see, the inside locking mechanism is in-line with the door latch. The outside locking mechanism is well below the door latch
Matt-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aerbus, all-access, american clipper, door, rexair, rexhall, rollsar, rose air, t-rex, vision