Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Apparently Norcold revision is no better

I have a Norcold refrigerator installed in October, although it has the provisional fan installed about half way up the back of the unit I am still having intermittent cooling issues. Yesterday I discovered that when the cabinet temp started to rise I had 12 volts going to the fan but it was not running. I placed a small fan in the burner area blowing up which did not allow the temp to correct overnight. The refrigerator temp is at 55 a d freezer is at 5. 2nd weekend in a raw I have had to throw food out. I should also mention the heating unit has been working every time I have checked it. Any ideas on a temp fix until Norcold can be contacted?
va_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2019, 07:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
5 degrees in the freezer is cold enough to get the refer section down to 40. I would try tapping on the bottom coils with a wooden dowel or vibrating them. Has worked for me before I wised up and went residential.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a Dometic in our first MH and it was trouble free. Traded for a MH with a "Never Cold" and had problems forever. I added fans to the top vent and it helped but still had problems every trip. Probably the most effective "helper" was a small fan set that moved air inside the refer. Final solution was trash the "Never Cold" and installed a residential.
Google RV refrigerator fan
Old 07-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #4

I wired 3 computer fans to the top of the RV under the cover for the refer channel and ran the electric down through to a 12v source. That plus a fan inside the fridge (as mentioned above) has given us better cooling on our Norcold.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Norcold refrigerators can be a pain!
Make sure you are parked level.
Try turning it off off 5 min and then back on.
Try running it on AC electric for a while and see if that helps.
Sometimes they form crystals in the ammonia. Tapping like Ivy said, or sometimes driving down the road will help.
You can put water bottles in the freezer and then move them to the refrigerator.

We went through three Norcold's in our Windsor before I converted it to a residential refrigerator. My wife says that is the best thing we've ever done to the motor home.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #6

You have 12V DC to fan,.,,,,,,but it isn't running?????
Is that 12V DC on output side of t-stat and at the fan
OR
Is that 12VDC going to the t-stat?

12VDC at fan...fan bad
12VDC to t-stat...fan not running....t-stat bad

IF t-stat bad remove the 2 wires on t-stat and connect them together ....run fan continuously
Replace t-stat OR install an On/Off Toggle switch on 12V DC wire

(t-stat attached to condenser fin ---top of cooling unit. Closes at 130*F FIN temp. Opens at 115*F FIN temp)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, vision