Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssr View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I have the 2016 HR 33ct and it is the same motorhome, built on the same assembly line as the Bounder 33c. I have had a couple of small issues (the shower leaked, the combo washer/dryer was not bolted down and some of the cheap cardboard trim under the front cabinets had to be reattached). Other than that, I am pretty happy so far. I have owned other brands, including Tiffin, Newmar and Winnebago and have had problems with all. These things are hand made by humans and you can get good ones and bad ones. A family member owns an Allegro Bus...the tag axle failed and roof had to be replaced. Quality control is certainly an issue and probably explains why some people have a nightmare while others have few problems at all. By the way, if anyone is looking at the HR 33ct, get the 228" wheelbase...it should be standard!
I just ordered a vacationer 33ct, are you saying you can order the 33ct with a 228" wheelbase or do you mean move up to a bigger floorplan that comes standard with the 228?

Thanks,
Dave
old iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 AM   #114

My bad.....Ford makes the 22000# chassis in a 228" wheelbase. What I should have said is I would probably move up to the longer chassis. I may have opted for the Vacationer 34 st or Bounder 34 t. I do like my floor plan but I wish I had the longer chassis now that I have driven it for awhile. I am going to add a rear track bar and remove the worthless (in my opinion) combo washer/dryer and see if that helps. The washer/dryer is right at the rear of the motorhome and is adding unnecessary weight at that location.
rssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #115

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
My bad.....Ford makes the 22000# chassis in a 228" wheelbase. What I should have said is I would probably move up to the longer chassis. I may have opted for the Vacationer 34 st or Bounder 34 t. I do like my floor plan but I wish I had the longer chassis now that I have driven it for awhile. I am going to add a rear track bar and remove the worthless (in my opinion) combo washer/dryer and see if that helps. The washer/dryer is right at the rear of the motorhome and is adding unnecessary weight at that location.
Funny my husband thought the washer and dryer was useless and the second bathroom overkill. Now going into our 2nd camping season he now realizes that the three best things have been the washer/dryer (we camp for 5 weeks straight and go to work from camp - the washer and dryer got used almost daily)the second bathroom - we have 5 grandchildren who camp with us and with the second bathroom we can close off the back part of the camper and keep it clean!, and of course the outside TV - again 5 grandchildren!!!
robinfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #116

Quote:
We were thinking about the 34st with the longer wheelbase but it didn't have the king bed option so we ordered the 33ct.

Sounds like you're not too happy with the handling of yours, are you experiencing too much sway or what. I have a rear track bar on my current rv with ford chassis and it made a huge difference, not as much sway, it tracks straighter so it doesn't require as much steering input. I plan on putting a rear track bar and the additional rear sway bar on our new 33ct, I'm hoping that makes it an easy driver.

Thanks for your input,
Dave
Old 03-29-2016, 07:25 AM   #117

robinfred....Do you have the combo or the stackable? Mine is the combo. If I wanted to wash clothes it would take a looooooonnnnngggg time. The main problem is that it is mounted at the rear of the motorhome and I am within 800 pounds of the limit on the rear axle while the front is 2000 pounds away. I also have the short wheelbase. Anyway, I need to lose some weight back there.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #118

Old Iron....Yes, I am having some handling issues. I am going to add the track bar and get rid of the washer/dryer combo. Then I will check the weight distribution and tire pressure again. It should work. Like I said, I really like the floorplan and did not want to spend the extra $20000 for an Allegro 32SA.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #119

Quote:
Old Iron....Yes, I am having some handling issues. I am going to add the track bar and get rid of the washer/dryer combo. Then I will check the weight distribution and tire pressure again. It should work. Like I said, I really like the floorplan and did not want to spend the extra $20000 for an Allegro 32SA.
We were looking at the 32sa also, liked the fact that it had a longer wheelbase and a few other things, what I didn't like was the fact that when I sat in the driver seat my knee's were almost touching the dash, and I'm not that big of a guy, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it, also did not like the dinette at all, the 33ct has a much nicer one, more comfortable. Have alway's heard Tiffen builds a better product, I just didn't see it, that's why we ordered the 33ct.

I hope you get your coach to the point where you are comfortable driving it, nothing is more important than that. As I said that rear track bar makes a huge difference, I feel less fatigued after a day of driving since I installed it.

Best,
Dave
Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #120

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
robinfred....Do you have the combo or the stackable? Mine is the combo. If I wanted to wash clothes it would take a looooooonnnnngggg time. The main problem is that it is mounted at the rear of the motorhome and I am within 800 pounds of the limit on the rear axle while the front is 2000 pounds away. I also have the short wheelbase. Anyway, I need to lose some weight back there.
Ours are the stackables and are located almost in the middle of the camper on the side that doesn't have the refrigerator and stove. So maybe weight wise it balances it out? We haven't weighed the camper yet, so not sure how we are set per tire location.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:56 AM   #121

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by old iron View Post
We were looking at the 32sa also, liked the fact that it had a longer wheelbase and a few other things, what I didn't like was the fact that when I sat in the driver seat my knee's were almost touching the dash, and I'm not that big of a guy, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it, also did not like the dinette at all, the 33ct has a much nicer one, more comfortable. Have alway's heard Tiffen builds a better product, I just didn't see it, that's why we ordered the 33ct.

I hope you get your coach to the point where you are comfortable driving it, nothing is more important than that. As I said that rear track bar makes a huge difference, I feel less fatigued after a day of driving since I installed it.

Best,
Dave
what was the brand of the rear track bar?
Old 03-30-2016, 08:39 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinfred View Post
what was the brand of the rear track bar?
SuperSteer.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #123

old iron...Agree with your evaluation of the 32SA. I am just slightly "big" and could not fit at the dinette. I could not get the driver's seat back far enough either. I was thinking about Blue Ox for the track bar but may go for the SuperSteer instead.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #124

We are also having slide issues on our bedroom slide. On the interior, it is ruining the "end table." On the exterior, it seems to be "sinking" and now won't allow us to fully open the "basement" door.

Bought this (used) 2014 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 32 ft. MH in April 2015 in Tucson. It now has 20,000 miles on it as we drove it home to Michigan and back.

Lazy Daze, Tucson dealer says it is a "structural defect." We purchased 3-year extended warranty through the dealer. Holiday Rambler says it's out of warranty. Dealer where we purchased it says extended warranty does not cover it as it is not "broken."

Dealer says over $700 to install additional rollers and fix it.

What now? Any advice?
Devilbiss59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:41 AM   #125

2014 Defective HR

I would write to the President of Holiday Rambler REV (used to be Allied). I would include what the Dealer said about being a defective RV (have something in writing from the Dealer) and is not covered under the extended warranty!! You can get the name and address off of their website.
Good Luck:
Jim1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #126

Tiffin Owners Club
Man, after reading this thread end-to-end I'm glad I'm too poor to afford a more recent model of Vacationer. I have a 1998 bought with very little usage (32k miles) and in nearly new condition on the inside. I've proceeded to perform a number of upgrades and I've been very impressed at the construction quality. One might imagine that quality would continually improve over time, and it's sad to see it go the other direction.

I will say that when I called HR parts for a replacement owner's manual they were very helpful and pleasant. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Good luck to you guys and gals still working through build quality issues.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler