Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie0 View Post
I just purchased my 2013 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40DFT and it appears to be a bit sluggish taking off and going up grades greater than 5%. Was the software update done under warranty and how can you tell if it needs updating?
Just call Navistar with your serial no. and they can tell you if your engine is up to date.

As for the engine feeling sluggish these engines take awhile to loosen up and really run. Don't hesitate to put your foot into it either. You will not hurt this engine.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Check out this post, http://www.irv2.com/forums/f122/firs...ml#post1845649 #28

I also feel mine, MF10 405HP tuning, is a little slow but I have decided to just put the pedal to the mat and that style seems to be much better. Also as the post referenced above relates don't lug the engine. Many times I down shift as soon as I see the rpm's just slightly drop and it does much better.

I have been traveling in MI so not a lot of steep pulls but the short pulls I have had the coach has done well.
Larry and Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have a 2013 PDQ Ambassador and are presently broke down for our 2nd time.
We are currently sitting in Bend, Oregon at Brittain International hoping that they will have time to get up back up and running.
The last time, August 7th, was an IPR valve that needed replaced and they did another upgrade, which a technician did at the 419 Maintenance Session in June, we think maybe it was a different upgrade or something... We loved Western States Trucking in Missoula that worked on it last time, but we've only gone 1,000 miles since the repair and the MIL light started blinking again... We did notice that after Western States did the upgrade the sluggishness and jerking stopped in the lower gears, much nicer...
Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas out there?
JWoodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have about 21000 on mine now, I had the jerking issue when new in 2012. Got the ECM done, no more jerking. Also have had the ECM emissions update done. Never had any MIL lights, no regens, no engine issues of any kind. Runs great.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #19

we have a 2013 HR endeavor with MF10 405hp. engine has plenty of power. had the MIL light come on once and caused the engine to derate. was able to get off the interstate right away and shut the engine off - restarted and the MIL light cleared on its own. that was about 2500 miles agos and since have had no issues with MIL light. have had only one parked regen in 7500 miles - only toke 20 minutes to perform regen. now having a problem with the engine brake - but i suspect this has been a problem since buying it new.
ctundra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler