Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
We have had a 2008 HR Neptune XL for just over a year now...we absolutely love it, especially since Source MFG and Wayne @ Roadmaster in Vancouver, WA replaced the trailing arms and added the ride enhancement package. Wayne also added the stearing stabilizer last year, so we are all set. The only trouble we are having now, is when it is raining and we are traveling over 50 mph the driver's windshield wiper goes too far left off the windshield and makes a clicking sound. The nut is tight, so don't know what else it could be?
But, it hardly rains in CA, so not a big deal.
Jerry & Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #30

I have a 99 Endeavor with a Cummins 5.9 in it. it has had many upgrade done to the suspension and very well taken care of nice coach and also paid for.. Mike
mlafarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #31

I have a 99 Endeavor as well, are you doing the hole coach or just where the carpet is ??, I have been thinking about extending the tile up threw the center of the carpet kind of a walk way look.. I saw it in a new coach and it looked pretty good.. Mike
mlafarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
We have an '01 Endeavor and love it. Replaced the tile with wood flooring and added solar panels on the roof.

We're now a travelling road show!
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #33

We have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38 PDQ. Bought it in fall of 2005 and have put 48000 miles on it in the last 5 year's. We pull a 2009 Unlimited Jeep Wrangler.
Been pretty happy with Ambassador other then having the trailing arms replaced at our expense.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #34

05 Endeavor DST w/400 Cummins. Bought it used a year ago. No issues of consequence so far.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #35

So I'm the cheap, poor one of the group. I have a 1984 HR Imperial 33ft. It does all I want it to do. Has all the creature comforts of the time. However, almost every item on it is either no longer available, an odd size, or impossible to replace. Some examples are: the roof vents have rounded corners and have not been made for years; the refrigerator has no modern equivalent of the same size; the entry door is thicker than modern doors so replacement of the window frame has been a challenge; the "slider" on the screen door is about 1/4" taller than anything I can find to replace it; the black vinyl trim inserts in the screw channels on the sides seem impossible to find; the tail lights are unique to HR (a scrap yard is the only hope); etc, etc. But I love my HR. It doesn't leak, it goes where I want to go. I bought it because it had twin beds. I don't always camp with my wife and some of my camping buddies just don't fancy the idea of snuggling up with me.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietWater View Post
I bought it because it had twin beds. I don't always camp with my wife and some of my camping buddies just don't fancy the idea of snuggling up with me.

Does that mean that some do ?
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #37
Yaj

96' Endeavor here, 230 HP Cummins. For the most part, happy with it, but I am a perfectionest (DW calls me anal). There are many things I would do different if I were building it from the bottom up, but I am able to change things as I see fit.
Would I buy another HR, sure, but not just yet as I've finally gotten most things the way I like it. I do need to replace the radiator soon as it has a small leak and I won't trust a repair on such a old Radiator.

Fort Myers, FL
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #38
RMS

2002 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36wdd----- W-22 chassis. More than pleased with the house part. Other than the brake issue, the Workhorse has been a pleasure to drive, for 47,000 miles.
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #39
Yaj

A question to you 96ish HR owners, we have the Endeavor DP on a Frieghtliner XC chassis. I have still not been able to figure out how to operate the slide manually, I did rebuild the electric slide motor but did not see how to manually operate the slide. Any sugestions?

Fort Myers, FL
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
i believe underneath there is a place to use a wrench yo do it manually
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
2003 holiday rambler w22. Second holiday rambler. First was class c it was time for a bigger one that sleeps less...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110427_110645.png
Views:	433
Size:	631.7 KB
ID:	9899  
srzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #42

Another poor boy. "On the cheap", and paid for. My side molding were bad too (hard and discolored) so I was on the hunt for those right away. Don't know if I lucked out or not, but found enough to replace all of it on both sides. Many other small projects required, but the basic coach is solid/servicable and fairly well equipped even by modern standards, so there's something there to work with.

I know these "originals" are getting older, but it would be nice to have an active place online to hang out with those that have similar coaches.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco