Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Carpet Replacement in Holiday Rambler Endeavor

So I need to replace the carpet in the cockpit and main living area (not slides at this point) and would like to replace it with a vinyl plank flooring. Is it best to use a floating floor or a glued floor?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #2

We have a gentleman on this forum that does RV flooring in Weatherford Tx

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...andrepair/info

Ernie is said to be the best and stays back logged for months .

Ernie chimes in often and is good about sharing his knowledge so you should
get in touch with him or search the forum

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have replaced the carpet with vinyl in our cockpit/living/dining area and the bedroom of our 2006 Diplomat 40PDQ, except on the floor-level slide-out. The material we used is a stick-on vinyl planking and we have seen floating flooring as well.

We are very happy with the material that we used, which was purchased at Lowes. When the floor level slide-out started to scratch the flooring it was easy to pull up a couple planks and put in new ones. We resolved the scratching by placing a sheet of 1/16" slippery vinyl on the floor where the slide-out makes contact when it is pulled in. It is rolled up and stored away when we are parked.

I did the installation myself and was required to install plywood after removing the carpet to bring the surface level with the tile in the kitchen area. I had to do the same in the bedroom to match the level of the tile in the bathroom.
RileyCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

Thanks all for the posts and information. I plan to do the work myself and are very handy, just unsure of how the two slides are impacted when they are operated. I will need to look at this closely so that we do not end up with floor damage to the new floor. Seems like a fairly simple and straight forward task, as I have installed many floating, vinyl, and wood floors in the past. thanks.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #5

Carpet is out and Flooring is in!

This task was much easier the originally thought. Had some minor sub-floor to to be repalced which I did with PVC board, glued some plastic coroplast on top of the sub-floor to raise the floor a bit, and laid the Start Core flooring. Laying the floor was super simple, once the chairs were removed. However with the coroplast, I need to be very careful when moving the slide back is as the slide has a tendency to catch the front edge of the flooring, until it rises up. I think I have a solution for this that I will work on this week, But awesome looking floor.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #6

Old 02-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #7

Nice!

Tags
ace, carpet, holiday rambler, replace, replacement