Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer

Today we had a rain here at home and I had the awning out. It was leaking water between the awning and the side of the motor home. I looked up and there is a crack all along the awning where you can see daylight. Is there supposed to be a seal between the awning and the motor home. Or maybe caulking. This does not seem right to me. Also found missing and broken screws where the awning is attached. Found loose fender on back side of rear wheel on drivers side. It is terrible how these are put together, just as if the person doing it does not care.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy View Post
Today we had a rain here at home and I had the awning out. It was leaking water between the awning and the side of the motor home. I looked up and there is a crack all along the awning where you can see daylight. Is there supposed to be a seal between the awning and the motor home. Or maybe caulking. This does not seem right to me. Also found missing and broken screws where the awning is attached. Found loose fender on back side of rear wheel on drivers side. It is terrible how these are put together, just as if the person doing it does not care.
No should not be that way.

They really only care about putting your money in their pockets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #3

2017 holiday rambler awning leak

We have had the 2017 holiday rambler vacationer 35k for a month. we love it so far. We do have the same issue with the gap between the awning and the Coach. look at the attached video and any responses would be appreciated. The bedroom slide also leaks but I'm hoping it was just that I wasn't very level. I know it's under warranty, but my experience is if I can fix it myself it's usually better. thanks

https://cvws.icloud-content.com/B/AZ...DV-QDR6Q&teh=2
jimbok58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
It looks like they didn't caulk the top of the awning after mounting it, I would head out to Decatur and have them finish the job and also have them check the slide, they should not leak at all if they are full open or full closed, if they are open at all they will leak, they may need to be reprogrammed.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just spent 5 days out in the Vacationer, had several problems. It rained hard several days and both times we had a leak and it appeared to be coming from between the wall and the haft bath, then next morning we also had water coming from under the kitchen cabinet. I think maybe the bedroom slide is the problem. When looking at it is not centered in the cutout , the seals on the back side is tighter than on the front side. I took back to General this morning with my list. As far as liking how it we like it very much, will be easy to live in and enjoy. Refrigerator we love. Another thing we noticed was the Vac Flush seemed to come on about every 10 to 15 min even if we wasn't using the bathroom. I mentioned it to General and they said you should only turn it on when you use it. That seems crazy to me, if so why no off and on switch in the haft bath. O well I guess we could learn to live with that.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #6

Holiday rambler

It's not normal for your vacuum pump to cycle every 15 minutes. If it does that could mean you have a vacuum leak. It should only cycle when you flush.
My bedroom slide Leaks also. But not all the time. It appears to be coming through the bedroom wall, runs under the 1/2 bath vanity, then under the fireplace and rubs out from under the fridge. I am at General RV right now having them look at it.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #7

That water leak under the kitchen cabinet may well be the caulking around the outside entertainment center. At least that is where one of the leaks on my coach was. I strongly suggest you open the entertainment center check to see any visible water and make sure the outside TV and stereo both work. My outside stereo has now been replaced 4 times under warranty due to a large and then small water leak on the entertainment center installation. At one time that leakage was enough to run across the kitchen floor in the right weather conditions.
I would get the person who told you not to turn the vacuum pump on to put that in writing. That is the kind of misinformation that should cost the person that said it their job.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took my 2017 Vacationer into General in Dover Fl where I bought it for some problems. While there I asked about the vac flush and I was told you were supposed to keep it off and only turn on when you were using the toilet. I replied that there was no off and on switch in the haft bath. Poor design if that is the way it is supposed to be used. We had been turning off at night but leaving on during the day and then it would cycle about every 10 to 15 min. It is a shame for what we pay for these things that they are not better quality control.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #9

This is my second coach with the vacuum system and neither one ever cycled unless flushing. I would have it off for days at a time and it still had the green light on when I turned it back on.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #10

So, general rv in Dover fl was pretty fast today, had a few things fixed. They said that the leak in the bedroom slide was because some caulking missing on the top. as far as the big gap between the awning in the RV they said that's how it was designed. I will call REV Monday and confirm that but I doubt it . I called REV a couple weeks ago and they said you should not see daylight between your RV in the awning brackets

Tags
cat, holiday rambler